Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking through the wiring diagrams for the 650 Exc. Can't find a trigger connection for a point where I can get a signal for the engine running and not the just a power on. I want to install HID lights with out the power on and off when the starter is engaged. I have done this on a Gold Wing and would like to do the same on my Burgman.

Tom

·
Administrator
20,121 Posts
Tom, starting with the 05 up 650, the starter button has a bar contact that goes open when pushed and the headlights go out. So using the low beam wire, ether side will work, use it to trigger a relay. I would run a 10 gauge wire from the battery thru that relay. Most all wiring goes thru the ignition switch and if over loaded it will fry.

And welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Tom, starting with the 05 up 650, the starter button has a bar contact that goes open when pushed and the headlights go out. So using the low beam wire, ether side will work, use it to trigger a relay. I would run a 10 gauge wire from the battery thru that relay. Most all wiring goes thru the ignition switch and if over loaded it will fry.

And welcome to the forum.
Yep, that is exactly what I would do. Good call Dave.

Namaste'
Doug in Kentucky

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I looked one more time and was wondering if I added a relay to the trigger and the low side connect to the oil pressure switch so when the engine is running and oil pressure comes up. It will turn on the lights and accessories only one time when the ignition switch is turned on instead of the short time from the key on and starter button push. HID do not like that extra power up.

Tom

·
Registered
122 Posts
Sometimes, the simple solution may be the best one.
Install a switch to turn main power off and on to the HID on the front panel.

Run the power through a relay from the battery and you are set. This will let YOU decide when the power levels are stable enough to bring the HID up.
If you want it 100% automatic, a delay type relay may work out.

Kim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts