Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to thank all of you who have posted and viewed messages on this website. Im still a member of Yahoo Groups, Suzuki Burgman.

What I need help with is:
How can I get more people to post here. I get dozens per day in my email box from Yahoo Groups. I find this fourm to have an easier way to track and research messages. Maybe Im wrong. Can anyone give me ideas to help this forum to get more traffic?
-Bryan

·
Registered
12 Posts
hmmm?....just joined tonight and I found this via seach engine. You must be doing something right. :D

Maybe more will mention in other forums and show up here?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I joined your forum from a reference at the the yahoo site. I believe this forum to be a better way to exchange information.Andrew

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks....I guess it like the old saying.

Build it and they will come!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Go back to the Yahoo site and tell everyone that their are no advertisements over here that you have to click through every other time you want to read a post. The adverts over their drive me insane.

Jim PHX

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Comment re forum

The main advantage of the Yahoo forum is that I can receive new posts as email. It is also quite easy to turn the email off if I am going to be away for a few days, and resume when I return. I can also respond to posts by simply replying to an email. If a post has information I want to keep for future reference, I simply file it in my 'Burgman 650' email folder.

It's basically a passive feed - any new posts come to me. With this forum, I have to come to the website and look for new posts.

I think that might be a limiting factor in the amount of activity in this forum.

Paul

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Regarding my last post to this topic (the email issue). I did receive an email notification when someone responded to one of my posts. It had a link that took me right to the response. Good stuff.

Suggestion: Why not provide the option to receive email notification of any new post to the forum (with similar link provided)? Of course this should be an option that could be turned on/off by each member.

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
pauljo,
I did investigate the option of emailing for any post. This forum does not support that option. I guess that is one option that will favor the Yahoo site. Thanks for the ideas.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Something somewhat off topic:

I myself thought of starting a forum for Burgmans. I was going to register a domain name with the word "Burgman" in it, but I feared Suzuki may have it registered or trademarked. I hope they don't shut you down if you become large enough to raise some eyebrows.

PS ...I'm really not a pesimist :wink:

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Re: Comment re forum

pauljo said:
The main advantage of the Yahoo forum is that I can receive new posts as email. It is also quite easy to turn the email off if I am going to be away for a few days, and resume when I return. I can also respond to posts by simply replying to an email. If a post has information I want to keep for future reference, I simply file it in my 'Burgman 650' email folder.

It's basically a passive feed - any new posts come to me. With this forum, I have to come to the website and look for new posts.

I think that might be a limiting factor in the amount of activity in this forum.

Paul

Hey there Paul!
YOU dont have to go through all the posts, all you have to do is click on the right hand side in the main forum " View all new posts" IT's much faster than going through the whole board.
As far as getting new members you have to realize that the Burgman is new this year. Let me ask you this, How many other Burgmans have you seen on the road while you've been riding? Personally I've only seen 2 others in a City of 3 million people. Therefore I don't think the Burg riders are in great numbers yet. But as the word spreads about this awesome machine, the numbers will grow (IMHO).

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yahoo forum

I, too, found this forum in a reference in the Yahoo forum. I got pretty fed up with that because there were too many people who wanted to tout the virtues of other machines.

Right now, I feel as though Suzuki has given me motorcycling back. I want to converse with others that have made the same decision I have, and hopefully, find like minded folks to ride with.

I have pondered over being more vocal at Yahoo about this fine site......
Then..... Well...... what if the flamers and the guys (gals) who want to talk about other brands come? Hmm.

·
Registered
308 Posts
if you optimize the website to come up under "suzuki burgman" entries in the major search engines, you will at least 1,000 users here in a month.

Have you submitted the site to the search engines yet?

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
I just did a Google search for Suzuki Burgman and the BurgmanUsa link came up on page 20. So its out there just hasnt gotten the big response yet to boost it closer to the first page. It will happen with time though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Confusing might be one reason....my post, (and today is only thursday 4-8), follows the one by sctrnt dated 4-9, ??? All the rest of the posts preceding sctrnt's are from Nov, Oct, and Sept 03 ??? I KNOW I ve been following much more recent posts since I joined in March, and many of them. In fact, this morning I couldnt access the form because the error message claimed that too many subscribers were on line!!!! The Chat room was empty of course, and a shame, since I'd view this as a real good "real time" way to talk to other rider/owners. So if Rod Searling is out there controlling my link to burgmanusa, the joke's up Rod! I want it back. [/u]

·
Registered
38 Posts
Before the site becomes too popular, and it surely will as the Burgman reputation grows, a slight name change from BurgmanUsa to BurgmanGlobal might not be a bad idea, given the ever expanding number of countries represented in the members list.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I found out about this forum also from a post in the yahoo group and I have also posted an email to the yahoo that more should check it out and I was told by many that we all know about it. At the same time I also enjoy the yahoo group but one big problem I find with yahoo is many time the topics get side tracked and go off in many other direction that has nothing to do with our burgman Suzuki or scooters, on like this site I do like that there is an index that one can choose to look into or check what is new when you log in, it sure makes finding something a lot easer.

Getting every email that yahoo members post can be a pain sometime especially when there are day when all the topics are about everything else that has nothing to do with scooters, and on this site there seem to a much better discussion on subjects that is related to our sport of riding a Maxi Scooter making changes or customize them and or the maintenance of your bikes. Hell I have learned more in the one week after joining this site of what is out there than I have in the almost 1 year I have been on yahoo even before I got my Burg in Feb this year. So Bryan you are doing something right. :D

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks everyone!
-Bryan

·
Registered
6 Posts
we practice strong discipline here and do self editing.

QUOTE OF THE DAY
if you are not part of the solution, u r part of da problem

1 - 20 of 20 Posts