Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new to me used white 650.
I would like to paint the lower tupperware flat black.
I thought I would use plastic-dip brand paint, just in case I don't like, it can be peeled off.
I was wondering if anyone has done this and has any pictures?
I guess I'm looking for a "sportier" look to it.

Thank You

Doc

·
Administrator
18,749 Posts
No one has done the plastic-dip. But there are a lot of owners that have done repaints on their bikes. Look in the Photo Gallery in the blue bar above.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No one has done the plastic-dip. But there are a lot of owners that have done repaints on their bikes. Look in the Photo Gallery in the blue bar above.
That was the first place I checked out, before posting. I saw a lot of vacation pictures or whole repaint jobs, but nothing of what I want to do.
Thank you
Doc

·
Registered
735 Posts
Let me know how it goes Doc. There are lots of pieces to paint! I'm in the process of repairing my tupperware before paint-prep (PPG candy-apple red urethane) so send photos of what you do please. A major "work" project will delay my painting until spring but that's OK, too cold in the shop right now to spray.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I tried plasti dip. Not fun if all you have is the rattle can. It becomes a real pain. Unless there's a shop near you that can do it, buy the kit at dipmycar.com. They have a special sprayer for it. Try looking on Craigslist for someone that does it out of their garage that has experience and has the right sprayer.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Let me know how it goes Doc. There are lots of pieces to paint! I'm in the process of repairing my tupperware before paint-prep (PPG candy-apple red urethane) so send photos of what you do please. A major "work" project will delay my painting until spring but that's OK, too cold in the shop right now to spray.
"A lot of pieces to paint"? On my 650 I only have two long lower plastic pieces that run under the floorboards.

How many should there be?

Doc

1 - 7 of 7 Posts