Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I'm getting ready for tomorrow's bike races on TV, MotoGP, World Superbike and AMA Superbike and I was wondering if Julian Ryder and Keith Huewen are doing any race commentary on Sky Sports or other stations? I don't know if they are well liked over there but I just love 'em. Our US commentary just isn't done with the same flair and expertise those two guys have. I get the TT every year videos but they haven't done the last two years.
We get an English team with Steve Parish on World Superbike and that's very good and Suzy P. (I think) is fantastic, always asking the right questions.

Thanx
Russ

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Post subject: Question for our English friends and-NormanB

Post subject: Question for our English friends and-NormanB
Humph :shock:

I used to be quite good at alegebra so if the question is aimed at 2 groups, one with many English people and the other populated by one person who is English with the differentatior being the term 'friend' then I suppose the inference is I am excluded from being classed as a friend. :wink: :cry: :wink:

I do not know the answer to your question as we do not watch much TV and as a consequence we do not have satelilte or cable - so no dedicated sports channels.

I have a paper listing though, I will look through and see if I can pin it down for you.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Russ

I failed to pin down the info you seek, either from the listings or onlinne guides. So I spoke to my brother in law who is a bke race nut. He said soemthing along the lines that it the racing is never on the same channel and he uses the EPG on screen but it is usually on EurosportGB, Men and Motors or one of the numbered Sky Sports channels (in that order). He said those commentators you shortlisted will be commentating but as to which race he never knows until he hears their dulcet tones and of course they cannot be in 2 places at once! Does that make sense?

Anyway follow the link and pull up the listing for EurosportGB - seems to be lots of bike racing today from 0700 (GMT+1) , but no details of commentators.

http://logofreetv.org/render.asp?mode=logofreetv_db&cbegin=400&cend=599&PRINTMODE=TRUE

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NormB,

I hope you don't mind me calling you the less formal NormB. Sorry about the obtuse subject line I wasn't fully awake when I wrote it. Anyway thanks for the web page lookup. It looks like you are the only respondent (Is that a word?).

Thanx
Russ

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Russ Schaeffer said:
NormB,

I hope you don't mind me calling you the less formal NormB. Sorry about the obtuse subject line I wasn't fully awake when I wrote it. Anyway thanks for the web page lookup. It looks like you are the only respondent (Is that a word?).

Thanx
Russ
Hey Russ

Course I do not mind! Mind you be very careful shortening names in general, as it can lead to problems, particularly screen names like 'analytical' ( a recently joined member of the forum). :wink:

Hope you manage to fit in the racing and hear your favourites.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Question for our English Friends and-NormanB

Well NormanB (being careful of the consequences of shortening names), being an algebra equation must make a change from the attempts of the "leaders of our worlds" to make us just numbers. So, I thought this equation might fit the question.

If 1YQ = 23EF + 1NB, then how much weighting is there to any comments made by 1NB?

PS Can't help on the commentator question, but did see Sunday's race. Pity about Biagi giving Caparossi a nudge in the opening minutes.

Regards

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Re: Question for our English Friends and-NormanB

ladnar said:
Well NormanB (being careful of the consequences of shortening names), being an algebra equation must make a change from the attempts of the "leaders of our worlds" to make us just numbers. So, I thought this equation might fit the question.

If 1YQ = 23EF + 1NB, then how much weighting is there to any comments made by 1NB?

PS Can't help on the commentator question, but did see Sunday's race. Pity about Biagi giving Caparossi a nudge in the opening minutes.

Regards
Bloody intellectuals :roll: :wink: :shock: :? :wink:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts