Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, enough talk about planes. Come clean and tell us what you have, ratings, hours, etc... I'm half way through A&P school. Yes, I know pilots hate us mechanics, no need to go there. :D

I'm also about half way through ground school. Which is free because one of the instructors at my school is also certified for such things. He used to teach at Embry Riddle, and is an exceptional teacher IMHO. The price is right too! So we spend a couple hours after school on Wednesdays for ground school. We're doing weight and balance right now. And next week we're starting weight and balance on the mechanic side of school, so I'm getting a double whammy!

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
If this topic was meant for me?

*deleted since it was not a question for me*
-Bryan

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, it was meant for Brian. I don't think he's looked down this far yet. But that's cool nonetheless. I used to work with electronics on military weapon systems. The kind that liked to shoot planes out of the sky. :twisted:

Perhaps my deep deep deep deep subconscious is feeling guilty, as I now feel the need to put planes back in the sky...

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Kias said:
...it was meant for Brian. I don't think he's looked down this far yet....
Well, I hadn't looked here, but one of my posts got moved from General Discussion to here...and I saw my name.

Kias said:
Ok, enough talk about planes. Come clean and tell us what you have, ratings, hours, etc... I'm half way through A&P school. Yes, I know pilots hate us mechanics, no need to go there. :D
Actually, one of my pilot friends is a CFI and an A&P, and I like him fine.

Also, my old squadron commander (who flew A6s in Viet Nam and a Beech Bonanza when he retired) went to A&P school a few years back -- figured he could save a bundle doing his own work and be more confident in the results as well.

Anyway, I was a Search & Rescue Officer in the CAP/Air Force Auxilliary and we had several different kinds of aircraft, from the T-72s (Cessna 172 Skyhawk) and T-34 Mentors, to assorted member owned aircraft, etc.

If I go to page one in my logbook, back in 1971 for my 16th birthday gift I got an hour at an FBO at Peter O'Knight Airport in Tampa, Fla. (where I used to live). A Piper Cherokee 180E. That's what started my love of flying.

I've also flown the Snowbird tandem autogyro, the B1RD ultralight, and a Piper Tomahawk.

I've never owned my own airplane, but as soon as I pay off my Burgman I'm hoping to start building an RAF2000 2-seat (side-by-side) autogyro.

Unless something I like better turns up at the next Arlington airshow. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts