Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am new to scooters and to this site as well. i will properly introduce myself soon but for now I need help.

My seat is stuck and I will be needing to replace the seat, Ive been looking online for seats and my question is are they all compatible with each other, Ive got an burgman 400s and Im pretty sure the years 2006 or 2007 Can I buy a seat from previous/preceding years, or is the exact year necessary?

Plz and thank you!
TnT

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Well first off, welcome to the forum! I BELIEVE the 400 seats are all interchangeable, but it's best to wait until someone who's actually tried this trick logs in. And while I realize these are apples and oranges, I once put the stock seat of my 2004 Concours right onto a 1986 Concours and it fit perfectly.

What kind of "stuck" is your seat? Will it not unlock and swing up? Fixing that probably doesn't require replacing the thing.

One more piece of important info: What model year is yours?

Best of luck!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response, I've bought it used, and I've tried the pushing on the back and twisting the key simultaneously trick, hasn't worked but tomorrow I will be having an extra pair of hands to help me as I may not be applying enough force.

It's not the locking that is causing me to replace the seat, its in beat up condition(tears in the seat revealing foam) and I am doing my best to take pride in this baby, as it is my first vehicle and I want it to look decent, though I plan to buy a new one once I get used to riding this one.

As for the model and and year I am not 100% certain as my title is somewhere I cant get to atm, but I will post that tomorrow when the house isn't sleeping.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Welcome! The 2003-2006 are all the same. The 2007- is different. It might be cheaper to have the seat reupholstered by a shop than buying a new seat. However there may be decent priced good used seats on ebay.

I have a 2006 400 type S! Mine is in near mint condition. It only had 600 miles on it when I bought it from a friend.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice, I love it, im fairly certain mine is a 2006, going to find out for certain in a bit, thanks for letting me know!

I really like the way the type-s looks I would have loved a near mint one, the guy who had mine before me laid it on its side =/ its got body damage.

However I am not to upset about this it is my first vehicle and I figure it wont make me feel upset if I happen to end up doing damage to it myself, by falling or wrecking etc.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
If you posted a picture, we'd be at able to tell you if it was pre- or post- the newer version that came out in 2007, they're very distinctively different.

The seats should be interchangeable within the two different models, but NOT between them.

However, The stock seat is not very good on ANY burgman. So You will wind up buying a pad of some sort for comfort, $100, plus the cost of the replacement seat, $200 I'm guessing. For that much money, you could have a local upholstery shop make you something custom. Or put the money torwards a Corbin or some other aftermarket seat, $500-800+.

Good luck.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok its is infact a 2006, model A4K body style MC, idk if its just the way the title is but I couldn't find my scooter for the life of me going based off that lol it is a 400 type-s.

I am relieved that I can buy the seats I was looking at for mine, thanks for the help guys.
I will be sure to update on how everything turns out!

Thanks again, TnT

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
Check with Cary about rebuilding your seat...
www.Burgmanbrothers.com
He rebuilt a seat for me...all the difference in the world.
Price is very reasonable too.....

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
OneWingedGod, welcome to the forum. What part of the country are you from, in fact what country do you live in? If you put your location and bike information in your profile you will save being asked this every time you post a question.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OneWingedGod, welcome to the forum. What part of the country are you from, in fact what country do you live in? If you put your location and bike information in your profile you will save being asked this every time you post a question.
haha ok will do that, I live in the USA, Arizona, Safford lol.
is this the right seat for my 2006 400 type-s

·
Premium Member
14,253 Posts
The general profile looks right but then the general profile for the pre 07 and post 07 400 seat is pretty much the same. For that matter the general profile for the 2003-2011 650 is pretty much the same too. Hard to say just looking at a picture.

If it came of any Burgman 400 (S or not) from 2003 to 2006 it will fit.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
That is the 03-06. With the 07 seat they curved the backrest in the lower corners to a sharp angle. If it is just a replacement seat due to damage, ebay would be the best option.

·
Premium Member
14,253 Posts
That is the 03-06. With the 07 seat they curved the backrest in the lower corners to a sharp angle. If it is just a replacement seat due to damage, ebay would be the best option.
If you are talking about the driver buttstop I have to disagree with you. I helped Robin modify her buttstop on her 08 400 into a raised one and when we had it off we compared it to the one on my 06 400. Other than a slight difference in the covering material pattern they were identical. In fact we test fit the one from her 08 on my 06 and the one from my 06 on her 08. They fit perfect. The overall seat is slightly different in shape but the buttstops are the same.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts