Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had all the broken ribs I want to have. you cannot fart loud enough to claim credit for it with a busted breathing box. Does a chest protector stop that nonsense? I had 4 broken in the back too and 2 under my arm ,

you wouldn/t believe what my helmet looks like and I will never ride without one

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
I'd be looking at the Airbag jackets.
Buddy in Aus scored one cheap on closeout.

·
Premium Member
8,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd be looking at the Airbag jackets.
Buddy in Aus scored one cheap on closeout.
I looked into that and they work when the lanyard is pulled as you get a certain distance from the bike, if I am cracking ribs on the bars or dash or the bike and I can't seem to get away from each other as often happens I end up with an expensive jacket being cut off my broken ribs by the paramedics who hate bikes and have no tolerance for their riders

·
Registered
341 Posts
How about those rib/body protectors that martial artists use? Fairly inexpensive, light weight and it's bound to have helped in at least one of your wrecks.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
lastest airbag technology from Dainese, doesn't use any hooks to the bike, instead use multiple accelerometers, when it detects some per-programed thresholds (X,Y,Z) are reached, it gets deployed, no matter if you go over the bars, against them or to the road. it is expensive, but it comes straight from motoGP.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
How about those rib/body protectors that martial artists use?
There is lots off road gear that will work but it's a bear to ride in with any sort of a backrest .

I wear an armored shirt for off road in Australia and it has chest and back protection - fits fine under my mesh jacket as well. $100.

But I can't ride with the back protector on on the Burgman.

It's very light and cool.

If you pull the armor on your jacket this fits closer to you and the jackets offer some extra protection.

·
Premium Member
8,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lastest airbag technology from Dainese, doesn't use any hooks to the bike, instead use multiple accelerometers, when it detects some per-programed thresholds (X,Y,Z) are reached, it gets deployed, no matter if you go over the bars, against them or to the road. it is expensive, but it comes straight from motoGP.
went to the dainese home page , under safety, couldn't find airbag, did see some stuff about silicone inserts , is that the same stuff that other companies are advertising as foam that is flexible until it gets impacted then turns rigid?

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I had a girlfriend that had silicone inserts and she didn't turn rigid on impact.
I usually would thou. ;)

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
MikeyMarine please post several picture of damage helmet, this help covince other member and may save life or possible serious injury.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I had a girlfriend that had silicone inserts and she didn't turn rigid on impact.
I usually would thou. ;)
INSERTS.................or...............IMPLANTS.........????? :)

·
Premium Member
8,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MikeyMarine please post several picture of damage helmet, this help covince other member and may save life or possible serious injury.
I'll work on it, not much of a computer guru. the shattered face shield parts jammed in the truck would have made a nice shot though

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Oh you're right implants not inserts. ;)

·
Premium Member
8,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I usually would thou. ;)

the idea here is to DIScourage crashing into things, btw you said had, where does she live ? :p

thought I had posted something about pictures, I'll try but not very photogenic and the face shield parts stuck in the truck would have been the best shots and obviously it's gone now .

new shoie helmet may run about $700.00 but I hear a new face costs a lot more

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
I have an airbag vest and a chest protector.
The vest has a thinnish protector as an extra. I also have a more sophisticated Knox chest protector, it covers right round the sides and has a honeycomb construction that progressively crushes - I can only wear that in the cold it insulates too well for anything else.

I've posted about them here and elsewhere. Somebody always tells me they don't help but I'll keep wearing them. ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts