Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
I’m thinking of getting myself tested.

Ita easy enough, just find a politician or sportsman to cough on and see what their result comes back as.
LOL

In my town is now active a drive-thru testing point. They read your car plate, do the tampon (swab) with you in the car, send the results to you cellphone/email after a couple of days.

·
Administrator
17,687 Posts
Parduz, Cotton Swab vs Tampon. Just saying.

Swabs
Swab.jpg

Tampons
Tampons.jpg

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I’d just sent a PM saying similar
French also use tampon for a swab

...but I wish I could speak Italian as well as Parduz’s English :)

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Thanks Dave_J you know a little about everything and have spiffy visual aids....are you related to Ross Perot ?

·
Administrator
17,687 Posts
I’d just sent a PM saying similar
French also use tampon for a swab

...but I wish I could speak Italian as well as Parduz’s English :)
I have enough issues understanding the Kings/Queens English at times....
I can watch a German movie in German and understand 90% but Italian is about 5%.

I have edited a few of the posts on this virus only for spelling or putting spaces between some words. I did just go back and un-edited his post and put (Swab) next to it.

Somepeoplecan typeusing nospaces.And no other suchthings ;)

·
Registered
441 Posts
UH! I've just replied to Bluebottle PM.

Sorry guys! Hope i did'nt cause any problem.

Yes, pls, Dave_J, it's 3:30AM here right now, if you can edit my posts it will be great. Tomorrow (i mean, when i'll wake up today) i'll see if there's posts that still needs to be edited.

Sorry guys.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Your fine Parduz....we admire your mastery of english and your continued efforts to help us understand what we are facing.

·
Administrator
17,687 Posts
Parduz, you are doing great. Do not worry. I have to edit every one of my posts. My fingers don't always follow my brain.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Like Dave said, you are doing great

:) When my friend was a young woman she stayed with a family in Spain and asked the father, in front of all his kids if he had any jam - only she translated our word “preserves” into the nearest Spanish word “preservativos” (used to prevent babies) :)

It only stands out because the rest of your posts are so good.
I’ve heard lots of english speakers call them “ear buds” and “test thing” Because they didn’t have the right word. Sometimes you see ”tampon” in medical text books for cotton wadding to plug or pack a wound so it kind of made sense.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Well, we in the UK have now more in common with Parduz and Northern Italy following the Prime Minister's instructions of STAY INDOORS unless allowed out for work, exercise or essential shopping!
Typical as our normal holiday involves driving each year to stay for a week at Cannobio on the shores of Lago Maggiore - the sealing up of the front room for holiday purposes could be on the cards!

Think I'll give it another couple of weeks to see how it's going - if it stays the same and the Burgman isn't being used enough I'll give it an oil change, re connect the battery tender and pretend it's snowing...
Interesting times we live in, in the words of the late Irish comedian Dave Allen: "may your God go with you" as it seems most of us here are in the worst hit age group!

·
Premium Member
7,646 Posts
I'm not sure about the rest of you , but inside quarantine is impossible here, wednesday is burrito day so thursday is mandatory outside and pray for a stiff breeze day. Even the cat heads for an upwind position.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
I'm not sure about the rest of you , but inside quarantine is impossible here, wednesday is burrito day so thursday is mandatory outside and pray for a stiff breeze day. Even the cat heads for an upwind position.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Prince Charles is home sick with Covid-19

His brother is home with Sara-14 ....but he ain’t sweating it .

·
Premium Member
7,646 Posts
S.W.M.B.O. is adamant taking a bath will not give me corona virus, I on the other hand am taking no chances, I don't know where that water has been and it has no alco-- disinfectant in it! I tried telling her fish poop in the water, she said there are no fish in the shower. I definitely am not getting wet if_ more later, the water is running.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Sure !

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
In my nearest town the houses are mostly 150+ yrs old and a bit gothic looking.

During lockdown people are communicating with neighbours they never spoke too before by putting messages in windows, like:
”What is the name of the cute kitten in the bottom window of No. 24?”

Mrs B showed me a reply saying
”Tiger...what’s the name of the very pale boy in antique clothes that appears in your attic window?”

·
Premium Member
7,646 Posts
ok this is day 3 of stay at home thing, sposed to last all of april, I'm sure the murder rate is gonna soar!

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Just in case SWMBO’s plan works can I have your Kitty Kat Club Gold Card ?

21 - 40 of 49 Posts