Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Blue '03 650 that I bought in June of 04. Since then, I have put 13,000+ miles on it, gone through two Back tires and ordering a third.
The first two tires were Bridgestone. The one I have ordered now is a Pirelli. I am getting this tire on sale for $48.95 including shipping.
The problem is, I ordered all of my tires so far from azmotosports.com and it seems to take forever for my tires to get here. The Burgman is my only means of transportation right now and probably will be for a while. I was just wondering if anybody knew of a place that I could get tires and parts to arrive a lot sooner than the Arizona company I am currently using.

This is my first post.
I have owned:
1992 80cc Honda Elite
1986 250cc Honda Elite
1979 Suzuki GS 450

2003 650 Burgman
[email protected]

·
Registered
969 Posts
Cheese! Are your roads made of lava rock? How do you wear them out so fast?

There's a nearly-new Bridgestone rear on my totaled 650, which is sitting in my driveway. If you can get it off (and your used one on) before the salvage guy gets here - it's yours. Good luck! :D

Steve

Gear up!

Oh yeah. Welcome to ICOBO!

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
I think they use the same lava rock on the roads out here. I also wore out two rear tires in 13k miles. (Actually it is cement that they use here, more than asphalt).

My local dealer ordered my Pirelli tires through their distributor (the same distributor that most dealers use). It took just 5 calender days for them to arrive (and that included a weekend). Pretty fast.

Places like AZ motorsports order the tire from that same distributor. The tires get shipped to AZ motorsports. Then they have to turn around and ship them to you. So the tires get shipped twice, plus any handling delay at AZ. Places like Ron Ayers and AZ motorsports don't carry these in inventory. They carry very little stuff in inventory. They order from the distributor after they get your order.

It kind of boils down to cheapest price vs speed. However, my dealer installs the tires free when I buy from them - so it ends up cheaper for me anyway. That's an unusual deal I have with them, but I'm sure other dealers do discount installation when you buy through them. You might check that out.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My dad told me to get two or three and keep them on hand at all times.
Oh yeah, I kind of figure that the wearing so fast is from fast take offs and going 80mph on the freeway here in AR. where the roads are some of the worst in the nation. I am thinking I may slow down just a little, at least for the sake of my tires and my wallet. :wink:

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
John G said:
Oh yeah, I kind of figure that the wearing so fast is from fast take offs and going 80mph on the freeway here in AR. where the roads are some of the worst in the nation. I am thinking I may slow down just a little, at least for the sake of my tires and my wallet. :wink:
Your Dad is a smart man. I responded to your other post on this issue the same way.

As for slowing down to conserve tires... What fun is that? :twisted:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
pauljo said:
John G said:
Your Dad is a smart man. I responded to your other post on this issue the same way.

As for slowing down to conserve tires... What fun is that? :twisted:
Mostly my wallet... If I could afford to burn tires like brush I would, trust me... 8)

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Hi, John. :hello2:

I have 9,850 mile on my original tires, and plenty of tread left. I do drive fast sometimes (I've been up to 113MPH once, and 112 twice -- not suggesting that you do the same), but I keep my starts and stops gradual, and I take most corners and curves conservatively.

Keeping at least one rear tire in reserve isn't a bad idea, especially at the rate you're burning through them.

Keeping the rear tire pressure up (38 - 40 PSI) seems to help tire life as well, as the tire runs cooler, but at the cost of a somewhat harsh ride.

I see you had a couple of Elites, too. There are several of us here that did, as well as some Helix owners. Interesting that we switched from Honda to Suzuki, eh? (But what does that say about the Silverwing?)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts