1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
252 Posts
Yeah and win the Darwin Award. Reminds me of a the guy why put the jet turbine on his car.

·
Premium Member
14,249 Posts
Of course all he is holding in his hands is the block and head. All the other things you need to make it run like intakes, exhaust, fuel systems, electrical systems, cooling systems etc are not there. That is a bit like the mythical "dry weight" motorcycle manufactures use to be fond of publishing.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Of course all he is holding in his hands is the block and head. All the other things you need to make it run like intakes, exhaust, fuel systems, electrical systems, cooling systems etc are not there. That is a bit like the mythical "dry weight" motorcycle manufactures use to be fond of publishing.

Very true .

But Hey it could be a great new power plant for a burgman trike :p :cool:

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Nissans already use belt drives :violent1: so maybe a Nissan scooter isn't a big leap of technology:D

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
:banghead::banghead:
Nissans already use belt drives :violent1: so maybe a Nissan scooter isn't a big leap of technology:D
Here in Demark, Nissan is bying back Qashqai's because of insolvable driveabilty problems with CVT transmissions.

Since the customer is always right, and the average Joe can't appreciate the seamless nature of a CVT, the new generation CVT is no longer controlled steplessly, on the contrary, the Nissan engineers have made it change in a series of appreciable steps when you floor it :banghead:.
When you are just cruising along, it still acts as a normal CVT, so my guess is that the clueless owners, and the ditto dealers, think the CVT is acting up, when in fact it's just doing what it takes to be as fuel efficient as possible.
We have all read clueles motor "journalists" complaining about the CVT "slipping", while we all know that what is happening is the CVT downshifting to raise the engine RPM to max HP.

·
Administrator
18,686 Posts
For a 3 cylinder, single overhead cam (?), single turbo 1.5 L, I am impressed. It does not say if it 2-3-4 or 5 valves per cylinder or if its direct injection and such.

With about 130 HP per cylinder, make a twin for my E-CVT bike and :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts