Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put my 2009 Burgman 400 in a warehouse for the winter. The temperature on the drive out to the warehouse this afternoon was 3 degrees C or about 38 F. I think I timed it just right as we received about an inch of snow this evening. Going to miss my favorite toy over the next 5 months.

shark88
PEI Canada

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
I just put my 2009 Burgman 400 in a warehouse for the winter. The temperature on the drive out to the warehouse this afternoon was 3 degrees C or about 38 F. I think I timed it just right as we received about an inch of snow this evening. Going to miss my favorite toy over the next 5 months.

shark88
PEI Canada

Make sure!! you unplug that Battery Now!! you may allready know but just remind you that there are Systems on board that use Power.

But you all ready know!!! Good luck

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
A bit of Sta-Bil in the fuel tank is a wise move too.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I put fuel stabilizer in the tank, filled it up and took the battery home with me. I will put it on a charger once a month until I reinstall it next spring.

I envy you guys being able to ride year around.!

shark88

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I am glad I live where I can ride year round (with the excepting of several weeks). Was out riding today. Saw a high of 64 this afternoon and a low of 46 for my ride home after dark this evening. I didn't even have to get my heated gear out.

Namaste'
Doug in Kentucky

·
Registered
110 Posts
Sta-Bil and a nice little battery tender in my garage. I have my 1971 Chevelle, lawnmower, Sym RV250, and Burgie 400 all hooked up to battery tenders. They work wonders! I used to go through batteries at least every year or two and now they seem to last and last. Whenever I'm not riding, I hook them up. Works great!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Temp. is f52 at the moment. It is supposed to drop to around f35-f40 for my ride home and be f18 for my ride to work tomorrow morning. (Assuming the ice storm stays north of us tonight.)

Heated grips conked out this morning. Power LED comes on then goes out a few moments later. Looks like I will be taking things apart tonight and see what is up and breaking out the heated gear.

And to top it off, the 'Change Oil' sign popped up on the way to work as well.
<sigh>

Kim

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Was 58 when I left for work at 6:15 am this morning. Should be in the high 80's for the ride home. :cool:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Was 58 when I left for work at 6:15 am this morning. Should be in the high 80's for the ride home. :cool:
You do know that these gentlemen who have so reluctantly and fastidiously put their steads in hibernation for the winter, will be crowing to you about how nice it is riding in August while you're slogging away in oppressive 120+ degree, purgatory-like heat, right?

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
You do know that these gentlemen who have so reluctantly and fastidiously put their steads in hibernation for the winter, will be crowing to you about how nice it is riding in August while you're slogging away in oppressive 120+ degree, purgatory-like heat, right?
When it hits above 110 I take my TDI Passat with A/C. Doesn't get the 53 mpg my 650 does but am getting 42 with it.:D We had that weather in July this year but didn't hit 120 only 117. ;) Good thing is that's another 8 1/2 months away. Guess I'll have to put up with this weather for now. :cool: Had my 650 for seven months now & have put on just under 8,000 miles.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
When it hits above 110 I take my TDI Passat with A/C. Doesn't get the 53 mpg my 650 does but am getting 42 with it.:D We had that weather in July this year but didn't hit 120 only 117. ;) Good thing is that's another 8 1/2 months away. Guess I'll have to put up with this weather for now. :cool: Had my 650 for seven months now & have put on just under 8,000 miles.
I'm just sayin', when you're caging it due to the heat in August, expect a little payback from these guys when they're out riding around in perfect weather... :angryfire:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts