Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally did it. Put a deposit down on a new 2004 Blue 650 Burgman. I've never even ridden one! I had a appt. for a test drive but my dealer couldn't get one in to let anyone ride. Now the problem is dealers in my area haven't got any in stock. Many of them don't think they can even get one. There seems to be a supply problem in southern Ontario. So the deal is good for two weeks. If my dealer can't get one in within two weeks then the deal falls thru and I guess I'll will wait until next year.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Have you tried any London dealers? I got mine at inglis Cycle and they seem to have some clout with Suzuki. They have a 400 on the floor as well. Give them a call and see what they have comming. If you get one give me a shout and we can go riding together.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dealer called tonight - it will be here in two days!! Mixed emotions - I always get buyers remorse big time. Have got him installing the back rest and the larger OEM windshield. Gave him the part number for the new larger OEM that Alwalk was showing us. Told him to get it directly from Suzuki. Now to find insurance. Best I can do is $914/year thru Kanetix which includes 1 million PLPD, $1000 deductible collision and $500 deductible fire/theft. Anyone else know of cheaper place company in Ontario?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Congratulations Arby - how very exciting. Every time I read about somebody getting a new Burgman I feel very excited for them!

Don't worry about Buyer's remorse - with the Burgman, odds are, you'll be getting buyer's delight!

... Good idea getting the larger windscreen too.

... Just a reminder: Safety is first! Enjoy!

:eek:ccasion5:

·
Registered
64 Posts
As to insurance try Jevco or State farm. They are both cheaper than Kingsway. Look on Jevco's website for a broker in K-W that sells it. I got the million dollas from Kingsway then they sent me a letter last week stating they don't offer more than $250K unless you have a full "M" class licence. They took my money anyway though. Try Jevco. I've been with them before and they were great.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Phone my Jevco broker who I've had motorcycle insurance with for over 15 years. His quote was $1100 with $1800 deductible. Appears that if your bike costs more that $6000 then the deductible must be 15% of the value of the bike (taxes included) $12000 bike =$1800 deductible. My main problem is this is the first brand new bike I've ever owned and I thought I would fully insure it. Usually I just put on the liability and forget about collision fire and theft. If I do drop the collision/fire/theft I can get it for $530. But I think I need the additional coverage at least for a couple of years.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Alwalk did you call Certa for your insurance or are you with someone else?

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
The one day I called happened to be the day after a freak snow storm and they were swamped with calls for claims. I had forgotten about them untill reading your post. I intend to call shortly myself as my current rate is around $800 a yr full coverage with $500 deductible.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
WOW!
As far as insurance goes I am glad I live in South Texas. :)
You guys throw numbers around that I would not even pay on my cage with the same coverage.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I know, when you guys from the States talk about $81 insurance from a company called Progressive you make me want to cry! I have shopped around to 5 different companies and every quote is $914.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Pick up the new 2004 650 blue Burger today at 4:00pm. I bit the bullet and paid the $914 for insurance. Tried Certas but they informed me it would take 3 weeks to get me qualified for insurance (this after two days on the phone trying to get thru to them)
Looks like a nice weekend for a ride.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Wait till you take it for a spin!

I'm off for the weekend too. It will be our (wife and I) first weekend off together with clear sailing ahead. I haven't decided yet, but I think tomorrow morning we'll either see the areas of St Jacobs, Elmira, Elora Fergus, or we'll ride over to Niagara On The Lake and Port Dalhousie.

Arby...keep an eye open for 2 silver 650's with smiling riders

In a couple off weeks...we're riding across the border and hitting one of the famous bars for Buffalo wings

1 - 17 of 17 Posts