Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think that the 650 sounds exactly like what I have been waiting for for years - a fun and comfortble machine capable of long distance trips. My riding experience is limited to a Lambretta 150 scooter and a Honda 360 bike and I haven't ridden in about 18 years.

What I am wondering is can I expect to pay full list price for the machine or is it possible to get a discount? Also, do dealers tack on various charges like set-up fees, transportation, etc.?

I went to the Suzuki dealer today where I live in Hillsboro, Oregon and he was out of 650's. He said that the new '04's would be in in February and would be the same price as the '03's.

Harry

·
Registered
14 Posts
I believe you can expect to pay the MSRP. I got a small discount on mine, but only because it had 70 demo miles on it. Expect to pay freight and set-up, as well.

·
Super Moderator
18,084 Posts
purchase price

Shop now!!! The northern states should see some good deals just before winter starts. My dealer didn't want the inventory over winter, but he did have a buyer for my 400.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Price of 650

I bought mine 3 weeks ago in Nebraska for $6,800 plus dealer setup. If I recall, dealer setup was just under $300. I now have close to 1,500 miles on the Burgman 650, and I'm very impressed with it. I've made myself ride my motorcycle a couple of times since I bought the scooter, but it is basically collecting dust - I enjoy the scooter a lot more.

Paul

·
Registered
4 Posts
Check with the dealer in the Medford area, was in there yesterday, has blue 03, will sell for his cost. Great deal, but can't be registered in CA, otherwise would be in my garage today.

·
Registered
4 Posts
2003 Suzuki Bergman 650 $7,499 That's the price on a 650, OTD in CA, so figure about 10% of this is tax and license. So, at 6750 on the street in OR, you would have a very good deal. Not necessary to pay list price, and "dealer prep", which is nothing more than pack to increase profit. The one I mentioned in the post above, will go for a few hundred less!

·
Registered
1 Posts
2004 Burgman 650 for $6575 at Honda East in Toledo, Ohio! They have this ad at cycle trader.com
http://adcache.cycletrader.com/5/5/6/56776856.htm
I emailed them for OTD price with delivery cost & schedule. Will let you know what I hear.:D

·
Registered
55 Posts
Bill,

I called Honda East last year when I was interested in buying a FZ1. They are a no-nonsense dealer with low OTD prices. Give them a call for the best response.

Dave

was said:
2004 Burgman 650 for $6575 at Honda East in Toledo, Ohio! They have this ad at cycle trader.com
http://adcache.cycletrader.com/5/5/6/56776856.htm
I emailed them for OTD price with delivery cost & schedule. Will let you know what I hear.:D

·
Registered
793 Posts
Long Cross Country

I want to see a post here from someone who would buy a Burgman in northern Ohio (at a discount), then ride it all the way home (motels, gatorade, restaurants, gas), then take it to a local dealer for the first service, to the motor vehicles office to get the plate, then to an insurer to turn the binder into a policy.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
I just purchased my 650 up here in Canada. The MSRP up here is $10,900. Mine was a demo with 100kms on it and I got it for $8400 Cdn. Plus there were no freight or Pdi charges. A rough estimate in U.S. bucks is $6000 pd. I'm very happy with the deal I got and the bike of course.

·
Registered
308 Posts
650 quote

The dealer in Plaistow NH just quoted me 6800.00 / no hidden documentation or setup fees.

Should I go for it?

·
Registered
308 Posts
chump fees

allwalk said:
abm .....GRAB IT!
When I asked the dealer why others charged stup and documentation, and they didnt, he said:

..."those are chump fees; we have to assemble every bike anyhow, and doc fees are another chump fee...we have more respect for our customers, we just want to make a fair profit..."

Plaistow Power Sports. YAYA.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Re: chump fees

abm said:
allwalk said:
abm .....GRAB IT!
When I asked the dealer why others charged stup and documentation, and they didnt, he said:

..."those are chump fees; we have to assemble every bike anyhow, and doc fees are another chump fee...we have more respect for our customers, we just want to make a fair profit..."

An honest dealer? ... Has hell frozen over? :lol:

·
Registered
308 Posts
Re: chump fees

migz123 said:
An honest dealer? ... Has hell frozen over? :lol:

.[/quote]

go figure...

·
Registered
12 Posts
:shock:

Whow !! Folks, you are discussing a price-problem, which I could harldy believe.

You will have to pay only 6.800 $ ?????

I bought my Burger in march 2003 and I paid 7.800 Euro.
Please, use the actual course of one Dollar to one Euro. It is easy.

6.800 Dollar - 20% = 5440 Euro !!

Remember the price I paid in Germany !

In my opinion you will get the Burger really cheap !!

·
Registered
308 Posts
German-Rider said:
:shock:

I bought my Burger in march 2003 and I paid 7.800 Euro.

Remember the price I paid in Germany !

In my opinion you will get the Burger really cheap !!
Hi German rider, remeber that we have to add tax, license etc to the US$6800 quote.

I bought mine for US $7600 including tax, registration and all the other 'dealer fees' they invent here in the U.S. I have heard of people paying close to US $9000 (including all tax and fees) here in California.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I bought mine for US $7600 including tax, registration and all the other 'dealer fees' they invent here in the U.S.
Yes, sir, I know this very well. I was in Florida in February, so I know exactly what you are talking about.
But: If you paid $7600 this will only be 6080,- € !!! inklusive tax ..... !!

This is still about nearly 2000,- € less than I have to pay for !!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Final word on price in NE

I just closed the deal in Plaistow NH - $6,650.00...original dealer quote $6800.00. This is a NET Price, i.e., no doc or prep fees.

So all those shopping..Plaistow Power Sports in NH 6650.00, also Cycle World , also in NH will match that .

Dont pay list, buy more toys for your Burger Boy.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts