Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wrote to AZ sports, asking which Gen Mar pullback risers I needed to order for my 2005 burgman 650. here was there reply:

I am not aware of any that will work with the Burgman 650.

Thanks for shopping with us,

Ron Willoughby
Webmaster
http://www.azmotorsports.com
RideNow Powersports Management Group

So, of those out there that have them, where did you get them and what was the part number that you used?
Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
I'll be watching closely - that's a mod I'll want to do right away when the 650 replaces the Nomad (still waiting to sell :(

I would happily replace the brake lines as well - We put braided stainless steel on my wife's scoot when we duded it up (I HATE the word "pimp" for this kind of application :evil: ) Improved the braking as well as the looks - also provided extra room for the 4.5" pullback risers.

It isn't rocket science and Barnett charges reasonable prices for the cables and brake lines.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
I remember reading that the main issue with any extension is the fitment of the bodywork - there isn't much wiggle-room without bringing the bars outside the cowling. However, even an inch or two would improve the reach for those among us who are sleeve-length challenged.

An inch or two probably wouldn't require replacement of the brake lines, and throttle cables, but I really like the effect on binder response!

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
They will work if you remove the brake line/cable retaining clip on the top triple tree. It is a tight fit.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wrote to Gen Mar, here is there reply...FYI

Hi Martin,
We have sold both the X-104 and X-102B risers for the Burgman 650. The
X-104 will raise the bars up 1" and back about 1/2". This model requires no
changes to the control cables. The X-102B will raise the bars up 1" and get
them back 1 3/8". This model requires that you re-route some of the control
cables. We haven't done this installation here in the shop and have been
going off customer feedback. I'm not sure exactly what is involved on the
re-route. We do have a 30 day unconditional money back guarantee. If you
try one model and would rather have went with the other model, we will
exchange them for you or issue a refund.
Thanks for the inquiry,
Scott-GenMar

·
Registered
761 Posts
I have the 102B... and they do require the removal of the cable clip. Also, the cables for the throttle still bind up if the handlebars are twisted fully to the right since the throttle cables come up on the left side of the forks instead of throug the center of the tripod tree.

I am much happier now that the bars are further back and up. I felt I was always banging my knees and falling off the front of the seat.

·
Registered
226 Posts
The GenMar guys in New Mexico are the best. Bought risers for a couple of the wifes' bikes. One was a test set and Scott followed up. If you do buy something from them, give them feedback and pictures.

Rick

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
...the cables for the throttle still bind up if the handlebars are twisted fully to the right since the throttle cables come up on the left side of the forks instead of throug the center of the tripod tree.

Has anybody re-routed the throttle cables to eliminate the binding? How difficult is it? I'd really like to get the maximum pullback available, but I don't want any binding.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts