Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a "new to me" 2008 Burgman 650 executive... what a find. mint condition and ONLY 550 miles... got it for a great price of
$ 3,000. knew that I couldn't go wrong. Here's to hoping for many months and years of fun riding and forum reading. Thanks for giving me the needed push to make the plunge.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just did a full service... oil, had all fluids checked and replaced... tires set. It all checked out with flying colors... little wax and clean up job from me and on the road we go...

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Wow, that's an incredible deal! Really the best I've seen. Treat yourself to some mods on that one, top case, windshield or something.

Oh and change the coolant if that wasn't done. :D

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Congrats on your find and welcome to BUSA , you're gonna love your new toy .

TheReaper!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Dang what a deal. How long did you have to beat the guy to get that price? Check the date codes on those tires. Should be close to the end of their seven years.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Believe that best deal ever see here on BUSA.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Awesome price,many smiles/miles of riding.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Just purchased a "new to me" 2008 Burgman 650 executive... what a find. mint condition and ONLY 550 miles... got it for a great price of
$ 3,000.
Suddenly, instantaneously, right now- I hate your guts.

:D

What a deal! And I thought that I got a good deal on mine! Sheeeze!

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
This is pretty much what is happening to big scooter prices here in the U.S. , here on Craigslist they sit forever until if and when the price goes way down . Great for buyers but for sellers NOT SO MUCH ! That said when a nice one comes up priced like the one on this thread they go quickly . To be fair it's not just the big scooters though , it's all bikes Harleys included . I joke with by friends that it used to take 2 years to get a Harley and now it takes 2 years to sell one .

It is what it is ! TheReaper!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Everyone has a Harley for sale. Checking Craig's list, you will find hundreds within a short driving distance and that makes it a buyer's market. Burgmans is a niche market with very few looking for them. So again it's a buyers market but with a fewer number to select from.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Everyone has a Harley for sale. Checking Craig's list, you will find hundreds within a short driving distance and that makes it a buyer's market. Burgmans is a niche market with very few looking for them. So again it's a buyers market but with a fewer number to select from.

IMO one thing that hurts the 650 burgs and situations like it is this , the poster buys an 08 with 500 miles on it for 3K , which is pretty much identical to a 2012 that the sellers are asking as much as 8K for . Quite simply which one are you going to buy ? The answer is obvious , the one for 3K . The same with a Honda Silverwing scooter , are you going to buy the 2006 model with 3k miles on it for $3,600 , or the slightly used 2013 with the same miles for $6,500 ? Right now this country's garages are loaded with 2 wheel dust collectors , and way to few buyers for same .

Another thing is demographics , some thing that I have read a great deal about . Right now and in the future the boomers are and will be trying to dump their McMansions and toys trying desperately to get enough tucked away for retirement . That is why you see so many Harley's for sale now , and that is why prices for them will not recover any time soon . Economy wise the bike thing doesn't concern me nearly as much as the McMansion
thing , which IMO is going to be the biggest real-estate fiasco of all time .
Here in my area there is subdivision after subdivision with homes ranging from 4,000 sq ft to more that 20,000 sq ft . Guess what ? No one wants to buy them , not the boomers and certainly not the boomers children .

The high density portion of the boomers were born in the 1950's , about 5 million of them a year . Since the average person in the U.S. retires at 63 , this group in now and will be retiring every year for the next dozen years . So guess where prices of McMansions and all those slightly used toys out in that 4 car garage are going ?

TheReaper! Economist Extraordinaire :D

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Hail to the new King of Deals.....

·
Registered
52 Posts
Not sure someone else can share the mood, however when I see "too much to be true good deals" I have more than one doubt about what happened to that bike. So Id browse the checking history, how it's kept and overall "the owner". if he looks an off duty surgeon or a banker and his garage looks belonging to someone sleeping in tuxedo, what the ****. Id buy it straight away.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks everyone for all the kind words... already put 250 miles on over the weekend and absolutely love it. Trying to look at some weekend trips with my wife and have found a great riding buddy in my daughter. Greatest purchase I have ever made. Any and all tips on accesorizing are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Congrats!!!!

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
congrats on the new ride, and welcome to the 650 family...

that was a great deal, I almost bought a 2006 the other month for $2800.00 with 3k miles on it, but the 04 is still going strong.

enjoy and be ready to do a lot of this :D:D:D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts