Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's that time of the year again here in Central Florida. The Lady Bugs have appeared. Please share any products you are using to protect your paint on your Burgman 650 against paint destroying Lady Bugs. I've Googled and found several alternatives. I am looking for anyone who has actually used a product for paint protection on their Burgman 650. Thanks. LoJo :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
I was told that the color runs thru out the plastic, may wanna look into that! Besides that tidbit of info I use Turtle Wax Ice, the liquid goes on like baby oil and leaves a ice like finish and the best part of the product is it does not turn flat black plastic white, nice product. Another fantastic product is made by S100, all of the cleaners are top notch, brought to us by the BMW guys.....hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
1,564 Posts
Bully said:
I was told that the color runs thru out the plastic,
This true on the flat black covers but the colored panels are painted.

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your responses. I am considering using some type of film like 3M. Last year's bug visit was horrible.

LoJo

·
Registered
748 Posts
lojo said:
Thanks for your responses. I am considering using some type of film like 3M. Last year's bug visit was horrible.

LoJo
I use sheets of 'clear' I get from moto cross shops. Guys use it to go over their number plates and high wear areas. It usually comes in 12" x 36" sheets.

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
The ice is good stuff... 6 or 8 coats and a good clean after the ride is over... and they are called Love Bugs because one they couple,,, they stay that way... Lady bugs are small red half round bugs that are ok... never scraped one...

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Something like a hood bra?
All our carbras are made from the highest quality materals to withstand everyday road conditions. Each specific car bras is tailor made for the specific car to ensure a proper fit. The material is a PVC based material (Leatherette) and also has a felt lining to ensure it wont scratch your bonnet on the underside.

How do they fit

Every bonnet/full mask sold by autobra is tailor made for each specific vehicle its intended for. This means you get the best possible fit.
http://www.autobra.co.uk/shop/autobra-bonnet-i-1.html

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I think that if you clean your scoot after a ride you would not have any problem with the love bugs damaging the paint. It only takes a few minutes after the ride to clean any bugs off. Do the same with your cars.

Bill

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Special thanks to RussL, :thumbup: Indeed I meant Love Bugs. Yes I do know the difference between the Lady Bug and the Love Bug. My bad. Senioritis, and guess it just didn't click I had posted the wrong bug name. Thanks.

Thanks to ErikDK...will certainly look into the custom bra idea. :thumbup:

Bill-Bill, cleaning the scoot after riding through the Love Bugs was not an option, it's a must do. I don't have any damage on my paint. You must not have had the same issues in Ocala, FL as we did here on the Space Coast with Love Bugs. The Burgman is my only personal mode of transportation. It was an exceptional season of Love Bugs here last year by all accounts...it was no easy task keeping the 650 clean. I don't have the luxury of multiple vehicles. I take much pride in keeping my 650 clean and well maintained. :D

Thanks again to all of you for your responses. Happy Trails to everyone.

LoJo

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Not meaning to hijack this thread but Bill-Bill the picture of your scooter looks like it is sticking out its tongue. :lol: Not meaning to be rude, just joking with you.

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
Check
http://www.buyroadwrap.com
they have protective film available on 18 inch wide rolls
for large panels, & also in 6 inch wide rolls, for mirrors
& smaller panels.
I used this product on my side panels to protect the paint
from rubbing from my cheap saddlebags...worked great.

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Duster. Will check the film out...may be the most viable option. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
model28a,

That's funny because that is the same thing my wife said. :)

Bill

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Remember to clean any bugs off the forks sliders and stanchions , the sliders will loose there finish
and the stanchions will get pitted and you end up with damaged leaking seals.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts