Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of purchasing a 650 Burgman for commuting in N. Va, part in the main lanes of I-95 and part in the HOV lanes. My previous cycle commuting experience includes 60K miles on a Valkyrie Interstate. Since I do not want an bike that large, I am thinking of the Burgman or Concours. Questions: How is the bike at highway speeds (65-75)? Do car drivers gernerally "respect" the maxi-scooter (sometimes bigger is better)? How is the bike on 60 mile (120 total) comfort? Thanks very much in advance!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hwy Burgman

The Burgman is the perfect size....in my opinion. I & lots of others on this group have gone from large bikes such as Ventures & Goldwings to the Burgman. I put lots of freeway miles on mine last year... no problem. Just as smooth as a large bike... remember the Burgman is 525 lbs dry.. that is heavy for a 650. But all the weight is low ,so it handle better than anything on two wheels that I've ever had. And even at 70 mph you've still got lots of reserve power for passing... You've got to ride one to beleive it.

·
Registered
308 Posts
NewBurgman said:
Questions: How is the bike at highway speeds (65-75)? Do car drivers gernerally "respect" the maxi-scooter (sometimes bigger is better)? How is the bike on 60 mile (120 total) comfort? Thanks very much in advance!
1) The Burgman's handling at 65-75 mph is excellent.

2) Well, a on the road, size DOES matter :D

3) As long as you are able to upgrade to a taller windscreen, few bikes out there can give you a better riding experience over a 60-mile trip than the Burgman.

Hope that helps you decide :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Having owned a Kawasaki Concourse, I found the following:-

Very top heavy, especially with a full tank.

Great bike on the highway, fast and stable handling but not so great in town traffic (see previous).

Noisy engine.

Go for the Burgman 650.

Dodger.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I'm a former Venture rider. The Burgman really does it all. If I was exclusively touring I would want a pure touring bike or top level sport tourer.

for 90% of the riding the most of us will do, the Burgman is the ticket.

This weekend I'm putting on the GIVI E52NF

Eddie

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have 4 BMW's sitting in the garage. Each time I go out to leave the Burgman always wins. Having just returned from a 600 mile trip to Death Valley in which I averaged 52 MPG I can report that the bike is very stable on the road, is unbelievably smooth underway, and now that I have the Clearview windshield installed, actually quiet! This is the ride for me. Will ride cross country in late June on my Burgman 650.

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
I drive 97 miles a day to work. The posted speed is 7omph and I usually keep it at 80mph. VERY stable and comfortable, still can bolt right up to 105mph if needed. I switched from the GIVI to the Clearview and I like it much better.

Respect?, Hmm...I am proving myself to others one vehicle left in the dust at a time. Most dont know if its a moped or a motorcycle. I find when comming onto the interstate people will try to ignore me and not let me in. Sooo I pull back on the throttle and jump in front of them.

Im sure you will love it.
-Bryan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts