Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm looking at getting a 650 for those longer trips. I love my 400 and will keep it if I get the 650. What are some things that go wrong with the 650? I was reading something about a stopper bolt? What is that and what's it do? Just don't know what can go wrong with it.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Aaah, you'll be bi-burger like me. :D

I'd look for an 05+. The stopper bolt is no big deal. $6 and a few minutes. Not much goes wrong with them other than the CVT belt. I had a small electrical short that took out my low beam and also replaced a battery.

Other than that, just usual oil, rubber and filters. It does chew through tires though. I get only 8k and 5k out of a front and rear respectively.

Oh, be prepared to buy a seat pad or seat upgrade, a backrest and possibly a windshield. Those are the most popular item.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, I'm looking at an 06 with 13,000 miles or a 07 with 19,000 miles. The 06 has the exhaust, grips, and GIVI shield but nothing else. The 07 has the seat, backrest, windshield, grips, wind deflectors, passenger backrest/luggage rack. The 07 is $4,300 and the 06 is $3,500. Which seems to be the better deal? Cosmeticly, they're both near mint.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Wow, that's a tough call, but I'd take the 07 if you can get a couple hundred knocked off. Those are really good upgrades and 6k more mileage is not significant. My buddy recently bought two 07s in the 3700 price range, but not with so many extras.

·
Registered
70 Posts
If you buy the 650 you will sell the 400. I had both and hardly ever rode the 400 after getting the 650. The 650 is a fine machine and is great in town and out on the road.No reason to pay insurance,taxes, and upkeep on something I don't ride. JMHO

·
Registered
704 Posts
Only $800 more and you get a one year newer machine, lots more useful accessories then the '06. To me it is a no brainer. Use them both and only you can decide to keep both or no by how it works best for YOU.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts