Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife bought a 2006 Burgman 650. The throttle will not roll off when released. I tried adjusting the cables to no avail. There is a push lever device on the bar next to the throttle. It looks like it may be a cruise control. It doesn't seem to do anything. It is not pictured in the owner's manual either. I am wondering if this thing is the cause of the problem. For an emergency situation this thing should snap back to idle. Any clues what to check?

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Is the locking cruise a BrakeAway Cruise Control product like this.

·
Premium Member
14,258 Posts
That is probably a cruise control and it is possible that it is to tight and binding on the throttle. It is not a stock item which is why you do not see anything about it in the owner's manual. I would remove it and see if the throttle functions the way it should.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you. I found the problem. That lever device is a Vista Cruise control. It needed to be adjusted. When I posted my question, several forum discussions popped up and one of them addressed this. This sure is a neat place to solve problems. Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Most all aftermarket cruise control/throttle lock must be adjust correctly, if very tight it can lock throttle from returning and this extremely dangerous, if loose it will not work correctly also as it not hold speed.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I tried to respond to your post but I type to slow and now you have it fixed. So just let me welcome you to the best Burgman forum on the net.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts