Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the past 2 days I haven't been notified via email about replies to topics I've responded to. Usually the email notifications have been coming without flaw but something seems to have gone awry. Yes I checked my profile and its still set for notifications. Is there a problem with the system?

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Ok. Let try this then.
Im posting and you should get an email. (I just enabled my profile to receive emails.) Can somone else post so I can verify this situation.
-Bryan

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Greengoose said:
Ok. Let try this then.
Im posting and you should get an email. (I just enabled my profile to receive emails.) Can somone else post so I can verify this situation.
-Bryan
Ok, you made a liar out of me... it seems to be working now. Several other topics I've been watching which had replies never had the system notify me as it usually does.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Chuck,

I've also seen the email notification get flakey at times. Email problems are difficult to pin down, because they could be at the sending server, or they could be at your own service providers server - or anywhere on the internet in between. Generally, it straightens out after a few days.

I don't rely totally on email notification - I use the "View posts since last visit" feature of the forum, and simply use the emails as a double check. Works pretty good.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Chuck

Could it be finger trouble?

When you post a reply there is a tick box to select if you want to be notifiedof replies, your profile default should populate it - just have a test check.

Hey Ho!

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
NormanB said:
Chuck

Could it be finger trouble?

When you post a reply there is a tick box to select if you want to be notifiedof replies, your profile default should populate it - just have a test check.

Hey Ho!
Did that... everything checks out! Seems I'm only getting notified here and not in any of the other numerous threads that have had responses since my last post(s). Finger trouble? Only from the perspective that the system seems to be doing that to me!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts