Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please excuse my non-technical description of the problem I'm having with my 2 month old Burgie.

Here goes ... there is a plastic housing over the handlebars, behind the windshield. It is two pieces that look as if they should simply snap together. On my bike, on the left side, this housing has split apart. I tried to snap it back together, and this seemed to work. However, as soon as I started the bike, it split back open.

I've called the dealer, and I'm taking it in this afternoon. I'm thinking this should be covered under the warranty.

However, I am curious as to whether anyone else has run into a similar problem.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
You may have a different model to me, mine is an old 'un (2001).

However, I doubt that there is a real difference in this area.

I suspect that you may have a screw missing (on the bike :wink: ) the handlebar covers are in 3 pieces, left, right and centre. The left and right are fixed to brackets on the underside and extreme ends of the bars. These are fitted first. The centre piece then goes of and pops and clips to the side parts. There are then a further three screws that pin the whole lot together on each side. They are pretty obvious.

Good Luck
NormanB

·
Registered
5 Posts
When i went to pick up my scooter the cover was seperated on both sides. A tab was broken off trying to put it back togather ane the part was ordered to replace it. I took the scooter home and noticed the handle bars were set to high. I lowered them and when the new part came it went togather with no problem.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've contacted my dealer, who has ordered a new part, which will be covered under warranty. I will mention to him your tip about the height at which the handlebars are set.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, the replacement part came in, but the housing still doesn't fit correctly over the handlebars - there's a gap on the left side. My husband took the bike in for me (I was out of town) - and he learned that all the 400s that they assembled had a similar problem. They're contacting Suzuki to see what needs to be done. My better half didn't mention the tip about the height of the handlebars, so we're going to let the dealer know about that.

Luckily, the problem is cosmetic. Having said that, I still want it fixed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts