Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

241 - 250 of 250 Posts

·
Administrator
18,201 Posts
I just bought a 2003 burgman with a little over 23000 miles and I think the noise I am hearing might be the same thing.So did Suzuki have a recall on this problem and fix them? If I have to fix it is it a easy fix and will It be good for 20000 more miles or should I sell it and get a Honda?:frown
The fix for the CVT rattle is about $225 USD and about 2 hours of time. There are other noise causing issues too but this adapter is the most cause.

Go to this page and you can see the factory adapter on the left and the NEW one on the right. A little bit better.
POLISH ADAPTER PICTURE

I am from one of the other Auburn's, other wise I'd help ya do it.

I installed my "Polish Primary Adapter" using an Impact driver and a "Torque" stick for the torque range of the bolt. Maybe not 100% correct but it worked for me...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks for the info that looks like something I can do myself. Yes, I see your from Auburn too. Wish we where closer and I would take you up on your offer. Can you tell me where to find the POLISH ADAPTER? It's not coming up on ebay. I did primary shaft adapter, primary spline, and polish adapter. I hope its still available.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Thanks for the info that looks like something I can do myself. Yes, I see your from Auburn too. Wish we where closer and I would take you up on your offer. Can you tell me where to find the POLISH ADAPTER? It's not coming up on ebay. I did primary shaft adapter, primary spline, and polish adapter. I hope its still available.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Suzuki-Burgman-650-Dieseling-noise-fix-replacement-kit-DIESEL-/182759017544?hash=item2a8d494c48:g:DUkAAOSwwPhWj~U6&vxp=mtr

·
Administrator
18,201 Posts
That Ebay link Mike posted is the current one. But with all things Ebay, when it expires, they do not provide a link to the new listings. I find it by searching "Burgman 650 Dieseling Noise Fix" most times.

Thanks Mike!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks you guys you've made this easy for me.:smile Being a beginner to the burgman family I didn't know any thing about them until I joined the forum.I think the guy that sold me the bike new but never said anything. I'm not new to motorcycles so when I heard the noise I assumed it might be a cam chain tensioner. So thanks again for all your help! I just ordered the polish adapter so when I get it installed I'll check back.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Thanks you guys you've made this easy for me.:smile Being a beginner to the burgman family I didn't know any thing about them until I joined the forum.I think the guy that sold me the bike new but never said anything. I'm not new to motorcycles so when I heard the noise I assumed it might be a cam chain tensioner. So thanks again for all your help! I just ordered the polish adapter so when I get it installed I'll check back.
You my find your tensioner also makes noise after installing the adapter like mine did. http://burgmanusa.com/forums/15-burgman-650/53149-engine-rattle-idle.html#post526929

Reactions: Dave_J

·
Administrator
18,201 Posts
You my find your tensioner also makes noise after installing the adapter like mine did. http://burgmanusa.com/forums/15-burgman-650/53149-engine-rattle-idle.html#post526929
And mine too. The adapter knocked it down in half but now I still have a rattle up around the radiator area on the CVT side so it is a bit hard to tell from the riders seat if its cam or CVT. I have all the parts to do the timing chain adjuster mod like MJR shows. LAZYNESS is all that keeps me from it. :eek :wink

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Guys, I still haven't got my Polish adapter on having to much fun riding! I really LOVE these burgmans! will probably wait for cold weather. I don't know why I didn't get a burgman sooner. I am looking at a 2006 burgman 650 with 9700 miles and I was reading about the bolt that comes loose. Is there any thing else I need to look for? My 03 has 27000 mile so I was thinking maybe getting one with less miles for long trips. Planing a trip to Colorado to see my son and grandson in the spring.

·
Administrator
18,201 Posts
That bolt is the main thing I'd do. Condition and age of the tires. Last time the oils have been changed out to include the fork oil and radiator flush. Steering Head bearing check.

These are some of the things I do.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks Dave, They are asking 2995 at a dealership up by Chicago.It sounds like a good price if its been taken care of. I haven't talked to them yet seen it online. How,s the weather been in your Auburn? It's been upper 60/70s here still witch is nice for this time of year in central IL. I did come across a new 2015 for 8,500 but not a fan of the flat paint. Is that something they started in 2015? Thats the first one I seen like that. thanks again

241 - 250 of 250 Posts