Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have at last successfully assembled a new PPS Adapter bolt into my K6 650A using a 'special tool' along the lines of that engineered by 'Buffalo' (see discussion this forum). The original (?) bolt had worked its way loose and worn its way through an end cover (held by two screws). There was little left of the cover to repair or even to give a clue what it should look like. I cannot find any reference to the cover on any fische diagram, so am unable to order an OEM replacement. A helpful friend has cobbled together what he thinks the original might have been like, but I'm not convinced! :oops:
Can anyone tell me what was the purpose of the cover; perhaps to hold an errant loose PPSA bolt,-or to simply keep out road dirt/water? If the cover had a specific purpose, why does it not appear on diagrams - with a part number......any helpful comments?

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
I think its just to keep the dirt out. Looking at the video on youtube of the primary shaft modification kit supplied by the Polish chap, after fitting the shaft, the end cover, which is recessed, doesn't fit with the modified shaft fitted so he just reverses it. I would therefore think that a blanking plate could be easily made up from a piece of flat stainless steel or something similar. I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong!

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
I agree with Steve it's just to keep drit out. A flat plate would work just as well.

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
It's the cover for the access point for the CVT Primary Pulley adapter/bolt.

It will keep grime, water and what not out of the cavity.

I would get a new one from Suzuki, put a small amount of sealant around its base to make it even more waterproof and install it.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Many thanks for your quick replies, guys, that all makes sense. Thanks also for pointing out the part on Ron Ayers fische. It appears he is unable to ship to NZ so I'll fabricate a flat cover as suggested. shavian, Auckland, NZ

·
Premium Member
1,564 Posts
Do you have a local Suzuki dealer? Any dealer can get the part for you and cost shouldn't be too much.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
shavian said:
It appears he is unable to ship to NZ so I'll fabricate a flat cover as suggested. shavian, Auckland, NZ
It has to be domed to clear the adapter bolt head for '05-up.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
MJR said:
It has to be domed to clear the adapter bolt head for '05-up.
Yep, realised it neede a slight dome so used light aluminium sheet and formed a dome using suitable sized sockets & a hammer! I watched my friendly panelbeater do it that way when he made me a new stainless muffler heat-shield. Works a treat! Thanks for your comments.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ken said:
Do you have a local Suzuki dealer? Any dealer can get the part for you and cost shouldn't be too much.
Yes there are a few Suzi dealers but my experience is that they don't hold much stock and invariably "have to send overseas" which involves weeks of waiting and the inevitable excessive(IMHO) markups plus a 15% guvmint 'Goods & Services Tax'. I can order from overseas online & avoid the markup & GST(up to a $ limit). However some suppliers are prevented, by law, to export to certain countries (NZ included, sometimes). In the past I've even had a part (BMW temperature sensor) posted to a Canadian relative who has simply readdressed it to me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts