Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone, I am thinking about buying the Burg 400 next year when I have extra cash . As you know the Burgman 400 goes for $ 7,999.00 here in Canada . Have any of you got the Dealer to lower the selling price ? I was wondering how you people feel about the selling price of the Burgman compared to other motorcycles . I really like the Burg 400 but want to get some views on what other people think of the bang of the buck . Any comments will help .
Thanks for your help.............Dan

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi,

I paid mine $7600 (+taxes) in Montreal. That was the bike I wanted so the price was not to be compared to anything else for me...

Good luck

Petyot

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Dan, I know you've been reading what we've all been saying on this group and that is that we REALLY LOVE THE 400. So its not a question of whether its a good machine or not; but a question of what appeals most to you....regardless of the cost. sometimes we all try to save a few bucks on an expensive item...and often are disapointed with the results.
Visit all the dealers. look at them all , sit on them, do everthing you can to decide what suits you best....but go with your gut instinct as to what appeals most to you. Don't try to cost factor something as personal as this; You'll be happy with the result.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Well then,

The 400 is an expensive little scooter ...lists for $7,999. When you compare it to other M/C like Suzuki's own Savage 650 and their SV650, then you may think that a 400 is pricey. Savage I believe can be had for $6,199 in Canadian dollars and the SV650 lists for $8,699 and then there is the inexpensive GS500 for $6,099.

I got mine for $7,499 and the dealer threw in the delivery and prep (amounts to about another $100 or so). How bad does your stomach ache or how much does your heart feel for it??? Let that decide and forget the logic. Timothy

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
There is some truth to what Timothy says. It doesn't really matter if the Burgman is several hundred dollars more or less than an equivalent size motorcycle. It is not the same type of machine, and it offers a very different riding experience. If the Burgman has what you want, make the best deal that you can, and ride away with a smile...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Lucky You Don't Live In The UK :evil:

Standard Price In Canadian $ =10995.02

But With A Deal for $ 9918.00

But This is Rip Off UK :banghead:

Chris.c

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all your honest opinion folks . I took the Burg 400 out for a Demo ride and really enjoyed it . Thanks again for your help.....Dan

·
Registered
247 Posts
Here in Kitchener Ontario, just a hop skip and jump down the car jammed 401, the price of the 400 Burgman is $7499

·
Registered
110 Posts
I highly recommend you go to C.R. Cycle in Maple Ridge B.C. Canada. I am not affiliated with them in any way whatsoever, but I bought my Burg 400 for the wife from them. I got it for $6,900 including freight and PDI, not including 14.5% in taxes (**** I hate paying so much tax).

Yes all the other “stealers” were quoting $7500 including Freight PDI.

It was sort of a demo in that I had just taken it for a spin that very day, as the one and only rider (with my wife on the back).

Talk to Frank he is great. I bought my 2004 VFR 800 ABS from him as well as some Joe Rocket apparel for both my wife and myself. What can I say? Great service and prices.

C. R. Cycle Ltd.
22674 Dewdney Trunk Road
Maple Ridge, BC
V2X 3J9 Telephone: 604-467-2344
Fax: 604-467-3193
Email: [email protected]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts