Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
sdrider

I live in Cleveland, Ohio and just purchased a 2003 AN400 from these guys.....great dealership in Bellaire Ohio (on the Ohio river across from Wheeling W. V.). Drove 3 hours down and 3 hours back last Thursday to get my 400. It is the real deal....I think they will ship out of state.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I don't get it, how a Suzuki dealership stays in contractual agreement
with Suzuki about establishing a territory then goes out and let's buyers "mail-order" bikes over the phone.

To have American Suzuki honor a warranty activation at setup/delivery time,
the dealer must prep the bike and submit the form to Suzuki, that it all
has been done properly.

Let's say that you phone a dealer in West Virginia:
The dealer is hungry for some sales to the degree that they'll compromise
their contract to get incentives and column discounts later from Suzuki.
The more bikes they "sell" the more discounts and incentives they're
entitled to from Suzuki.
The consumer is stuck with an MSO (no motor vehicle title) and has no
warranty claim VIN submitted to American Suzuki.
The state of West Virginia then gets used (unknowingly) as middle ground
for the distribution of motor vehicles by a "retailer" that thinks that they're
getting it both ways. The WV Department of Tax and Revenue sees
"retail" and you the buyer see "deal".

It could very well be that Suzuki is also looking the other way in order
to "pad" unit sales figures (reports to Japan) to line their own pockets too.
The more bikes Suzuki dumps on the market, the more service and service contracts
consumers buy along with parts and service manuals too.
Both the US State Department and Department of Commerce look at
unit numbers submitted by importers.

In an Anti-Trust scenario, Yamaha and Honda could bring suit if a
"contract-less" distribution takes place with a competitor that floods
a market with anti-competition.

---

Somehow "I told you so" just doesn't seem to say it.
- Spooner

·
Registered
27 Posts
ajwood

I understand your opinion, however, the dealership I purchased my scoot from bought several Burgmans from dealerships who went under or were in trouble..... and they run specials to move them out.
I signed a complete assembly / checkpoint / warranty form showing everything that was done to the scooter. The scooter came with a VIN number, title, registration, and a 30 day temporary tag.
This dealership is very aggressive and moves a lot of bikes. If I had to guess, Suzuki, notifies these guys when there is a problem with other dealerships and they step in an buy out the inventory.
My purchase was above board and I did pay sales tax......if they sell to someone out of state, I assume the buyer will be responsible for paying tax when the title is transferred to their name within their own state.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
I have seen Yamaha and Honda dealers doing the same thing, if the bike was not "prepped" the dealer could have one large lawsuit on his hands if there were an accident. Your not buying "as is" you are buying new with a title and warranty
just my 2 cents. <s>

·
Registered
793 Posts
Yes I was doing the imagined dirty deal where everyone is on the take.

We've got a discounter here in Tucson called Arizona Honda.
I bought a left-over '96 Valkyrie from them in 2000 for the price of a 2000 Shadow.

I couldn't talk them down from MSRP on a Silverwing last year so
apparently everything isn't price slashed.
I'm happy that the S'wing deal didn't go through.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought one from this dealership

Hey guys,
New member here. I spent weeks researching the Burger on the web and locally, I am an avid ebayer. I too saw the ad on ebay, and since I live in Dayton, OH and my local dealers were trying to sell the AN400K3's for $5595 + tax my eyes poped :shock: when I saw their price. I called and spoke w/Jon he is a really great guy, wel to make a long story short I bought one. I paid $4961.88 OTD incl. OH sales tax. I am remodeling contractor, so very busy at this time of year and I was unable to make the trip accross the state to pick up my new ride. Jon delivered my Burger on his day off (2 1/2 drive) for $20. He brought all the nessessary paperwork and a 30 day tag. I paid cash so no finance paperwork to deal with. Bottom line: these guys are legit, very friendly and responsive, and offering on smokin deal!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hey just an update. I have noticed that this Ebay seller has went up on his OTD price. It is now 4707.50 for the 400 and now has the 650 listed with an out the door price of 6387.50. Just wonder (have emailed and asked--just waiting for reply) how much to ship to me in Georgia. :wink:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts