Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I was getting all hot to wander up to the Suzuki dealer and look at the new Burgmans and I found this 2011 Burgman 650 Exec with 8000 miles. What do you guys think its worth?

http://greensboro.craigslist.org/mcy/4479141674.html

any questions to ask the seller off the top of ya'lls head?

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Looks good and ready to go. Price seems fair to me unless you want the new model. Chaparral near me has a new 2013 for $8.499, maybe a dealer near you might have something similiar.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Looks good and ready to go. Price seems fair to me unless you want the new model. Chaparral near me has a new 2013 for $8.499, maybe a dealer near you might have something similiar.
Agree that's a good price. ;)
Was in Chaparral last Saturday I missed that one.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Agree - price is reasonable. Try to get that as the out-the-door price - tax/license included.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Dealer in evansville, in has same for $7495 on his floor with 14 k miles. This sounds good.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You didn't say what the price was and the ad is down now but we just got my 2012 650 exec brand new out the door price of $7,100. There were 2 other dealers here in KC that had new 2012's. One came down to $7,250 and the other $7,500 out the door. Why buy used when you can get a new one cheaper.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
You didn't say what the price was and the ad is down now but we just got my 2012 650 exec brand new out the door price of $7,100. There were 2 other dealers here in KC that had new 2012's. One came down to $7,250 and the other $7,500 out the door. Why buy used when you can get a new one cheaper.
It was for $5,800.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Now since you have just gotten your motorcycle license I would highly recommend you start out smaller and cheaper . Most mishaps with new riders happen in the first couple of months , dropping a 650 Burgman even if it just falls over because you didn't have the side kick stand all the way down , can cost thousands in cosmetic damage . I would actually recommend you start out with some thing like a low mileage Honda Reflex in the $2,000 range . That way you get experience with a plastic body scooter , and any newbie damage you do will be far less costly for you . One season with that Reflex will do you good and will be far less costly for you . For your own good and for the good of your wallet , PLEASE start out smaller than the 650 .
BELIEVE ME !! You WILL make mistakes and you WILL do considerable damage to your bike and likely to yourself .

I started my son out when he was in his mid 30's , I gave him a little Honda Elite 80 , then a Honda Elite 250 , then a Honda Big Ruckus , then a Honda 600 Silverwing just recently . Recently he told me that I started him out just right , he said he would have killed himself had he started out with a full size bike like a Silverwing or a 650 Burgman . I cannot tell you how many scooters I've seen all banged up from people starting out to big , get some experience before you get into the bigger bikes . FOR YOUR OWN GOOD !!!

TheReaper!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Too late reaper! I bought it for $5600.
Now I need accessories

·
Registered
3,973 Posts

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Too late reaper! I bought it for $5600.
Now I need accessories
OK , you did the deed now be careful and get yourself some open parking lot experience and feel for that bike . The 650 is a pretty heavy bike and takes some experience , so get all you can before you venture out in heavy traffic . Good luck and enjoy .

TheReaper!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Well I think that even though they say we are in a recovery, It feels like we are still in a recession. I bought my Burg new in 2011 for 8500, but the dealer was going out of business.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts