Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We bought the wife a '12 Burgman 650 Executive believing she would adapt to its size and weight. This simply hasn't happened so we began our search for a comparable 400. It seems to fit like a glove, so we're in the process of determing its market value. I would appreciate candid thoughts about this one.

It is at a Suzuki dealership in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area and was traded in:

2012 Burgman 400 ABS
2000 miles
Completely stock
Pearl White
Near new condition
Asking $4200
No existing warranty

Thank you.... Ken

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Looks like a good deal -- color is very nice too. If you can shift a couple of bucks it may become a very hot bargain even.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
You won't do much better than that especially at a dealer , I would say go for it if that is what she wants .

TheReaper!

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
We bought the wife a '12 Burgman 650 Executive believing she would adapt to its size and weight. This simply hasn't happened so we began our search for a comparable 400. It seems to fit like a glove, so we're in the process of determing its market value. I would appreciate candid thoughts about this one.

It is at a Suzuki dealership in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area and was traded in:

2012 Burgman 400 ABS
2000 miles
Completely stock
Pearl White
Near new condition
Asking $4200
No existing warranty

Thank you.... Ken
It looks like a good deal to me. However, I always assume they're willing to negotiate. That's their asking price. Don't look anxious to buy, think about it for a while, let them see you're struggling with a decision. Then tell them I'd be a buyer at $3800....they probably come back at $4000...if that's the case, stay firm at $3800 and be willing to walk away. They want to sell it, it would be very tough for them to let you walk out the door. They may not see another interested buyer for weeks. If they let you walk out the door, you'll still be getting a good price when you come back (in 10 minutes) and give them what they want. ;-)

Compare what the same model is selling for on Cycle Trader
http://www.cycletrader.com/Suzuki-Burgman-400-Motorcycles----CycleTrader.com/search-results?condition=N&make=Suzuki|2320128&model=Burgman+400&schemecode=AD&type=Motorcycle|356953,Trailer|3284663&vrsn=hybrid&year=*:2014&&sort=year:asc&newsort=1

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Kelly Blue Book shows retail price from a dealer at $5,280 and a trade-in value at $3,635. I would say that $4,200 looks like a good price!
Good luck!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sounds too good to be true

Maybe it's 20,000 miles, not 2,000 miles. That's $1,000 under the blue book value, so I'm assuming the mileage is wrong or there's some damage to the bike.

I have a 2012 with 4,000 miles and I expect to get around $5,000 for it this spring.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maybe it's 20,000 miles, not 2,000 miles. That's $1,000 under the blue book value, so I'm assuming the mileage is wrong or there's some damage to the bike.

I have a 2012 with 4,000 miles and I expect to get around $5,000 for it this spring.
The mileage and condition are correct. No existing or previous damage. Local older original owner decided to go to 3 wheels and traded it in.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Great deal, no. But it's from a dealer, so really not bad at all.

Your wife will really appreciate the size of the 400 much better. Much lighter and more scooterish. Sometimes less is more.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I have the same bike. Just wondering what it's worth reading some responses.
Just some rough, quick math, that's about $1000.00 a year depreciation, right? Good thing it was 0% interest, lol.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I would say if that is the scooter you want buy it. If you are the kind of person that likes to dicker then try to dicker with them. If you're uncomfortable dickering then just buy it. It is a very fair price for at a dealer. Not a really a bad price from a private party.
The last time I bought a used scooter from a dealer they wanted $5,800 for a 2008 in January of 2010. It had almost 2,000 miles on it and was in as new condition. I offered the salesman $5,000 out the door and went back to the parts counter because that's why I was there to get some parts. I really didn't think they would sell it for that.
I was standing at the parts counter and the salesman and his manager came over to me and said since I was a good customer if I paid cash I could have it for the $5,000 offer. I paid $5,000 which included tax, title, registration and license plate. I gave them the $5,000 and rode away free and clear, paid in full.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Wish you were closer...I have a 2012 AN400A, and would seriously consider a trade for a 650 Exec.

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
I just purchased a k7 400 with 1100 miles.. $3400. Greater Chicago area
Welcome Joebillybob.....
former Bensenville resident myself.....
also lived near Belmont & Cicero for a while.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts