Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
So far I've changed all the fluids and flushed things out changed all the filters apart from cvt, checked all bearings and greased as appropriate plan is tomorrow check all the wiring for corrosion and potential problems and check valve clearances but I suspect they're fine as it starts bang on and no topend noises, so just about to go into the man cave with burgerlardarse and chuck this bolt in so my question is, have I missed anything with this as it's the 1st scooter I've had and I'm used to bikes the only thing I'm unsure about is the life of the cvt belt because it's as clear as mud apparently it lasts for about 20kmiles but I read somewhere else it's 100k+ wtf 馃

Attachments

Registered
It will last as long as it lasts. Can't be any clearer than that. Bit like the how long is a piece of string question.
Best thing is not to worry about it, if it goes nothing you can do. If you are paranoid about it, change it, but I think it's not a 5 min job.

Registered
I had an engine go bang long story. So at 32k miles I decided to replace the belt while I was swapping engines. It looked good as new but I changed it anyway and sold the old one on ebay for 100 sovs. 50k miles seems to be the general consensus but some have gone a lot earlier some for many miles more. If you get to 50k happy days but it is more the norm do do so than not. CVT filter is a bit of sponge in a metal frame just needs blowing out. Get the ACF 50 out do what connections are easy to get at, particularly the one for the rad fan it loves green crude. Run an earth from the battery to the headstock so any ancillires you add have a good earth point. Notoriously bad on Burgmans. A digital voltmeter is a good addition so you can monitor the reg/rec which can be another weak point. Many folks fit them. I have one in the air filter cover with the added benefit of a USB point in it

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I know mate what I'm going to do is just leave it and hope I can fi d a 4 leaf clover and have you seen the price of the feckers o_O anyway any ideas on what other preventative maintenance because I'm a firm believer in the saying 'prevention is better than the cure'

Premium Member
You having a 2003 might ask about the Polish Adapter.

Let us summons the King of Kielbasa..... Dave_J

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Thats on the next to do list its not a urgent thing but I just like thing's to be right

Registered
If it ain't broke dont fix it really. Like any mechanical device it can have components that fail and you have owned a few bikes so are aware of the pitfalls. You know the weak points CVT reg/rec bad earths wheel bearings. No worse than another bike really the good outweighs the bad but **** happens

1 - 7 of 7 Posts