Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

Prettiest new 650 I've seen

3K views 26 replies 20 participants last post by  MJR 
#1 · (Edited)
Prettiest new 650 I've seen so far , MUCH better than the white and even the gray IMO .

TheReaper!

#8 ·
Agree with that surmis-ation, the white, scoot/bike does make people pay attention more 'just in case' when I traded my K4 for the L4 the choices were the dark grey which looked nice, but not as imposing as the white. once of the key decision makers for me was consideration I put on just how conspicuous the white was compared to that darker grey. Studies seemingly demonstrate that lighter colours are often less involved in MVA crashes compared to darker vehicles...

#16 ·
Yeah, to me the candy apple red will always be an eye popper. My personal favorite is candy apple green but I am not going to hold my breath that Suzuki will ever offer the Burgman in that color.

#12 · (Edited)
For some rider white many not be prettiest but many studies prove it is safest color with bright yellow, orange and high viz neon.

Me notice this immediately when trade previous beautiful blue color Burgie to white burgie. People notice bike from farer away and not tail gate so closely.

Important part of riding safety is visisbility.

#13 ·
I agree with Cherie, that the white is a more visible color. I have an 09 which is black and while absolutely gorgeous when clean ( its a bugger to keep it that way her in New Mexico) I really would like it to be a lighter color. I may yet buck up and paint it, probably very similar in color to the subject bike. I have a CB750 that is metal flake orange and sure do like the color. Although if I painted the 09 it'd be closer to the metallic candy orange.
Greg

#15 ·
I love the color but Suzuki has to put the parking brake back in its original location, the new location just ruins the lines of the bike.
Not for me, I prefer the new park brake location, way easier to reach IMO. But each to his/her own. I certainly think that the park brake is way better than the integrated side stand/park brake as deployed on the BMW C600 & C650GT. Not very practical for use on anything less than a flat gradient IMO.
YMMV.

#19 ·
I wouldn't mind having a red Burgman. Mine is black - kind of plain looking IMO. If I were to paint it I'd do it the same color as my Karmann Ghia. The color is toreador red.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Engine Auto part

#21 ·
With the new design, you need two left hands to apply the parking brake securely.

One for applying the left brake handle on the handlebar, the other for pulling the parking brake handle.

The same goes when you want to disengage the parking brake, it goes much easier if the hydraulic brake is squeezing the pads.

Maybe Suzuki deliberately wanted to deter the riders from doing so?

#22 ·
One of the better features on my Majesty is the park brake location - its a lever that swings out horizontally from under the left hand grip. It is very easy to use and you know instantly whether it is set since the lever is directly under the L/H grip - you feel it immediately - pushing it with your fingertips unlocks the brake and you're off.

#24 ·
I always thought colour was something that a female focussed on.

'What size engine does your car have'?

' Not a clue - do you mean my blue car'.

Personally, I think silver is best.:p

#26 ·
Can you tell me what paint you used? Was it made specifically for plastic, or is it an automotive paint with a flex agent added?

#27 ·
It looks similar to a sunburst orange type color Chrysler has used a few times over the years.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.