Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can no longer see the post when i highligt topic, just a thin white line. Do I need to do something or has there been a change?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Lckdragon said:
I can no longer see the post when i highligt topic, just a thin white line. Do I need to do something or has there been a change?
Thanks
Thanks,
I got that one to work on.
While we are on that subject.

Who liked the "mouse over" topic preview mod? Who didn't like it?
I will wait for some feedback before I reenable it.

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Yes and no.
I think that in retroflect I'd have to say 60/40 ratio-wise.
I guess I sort of got used to it.
pedz

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Greengoose said:
Who liked the "mouse over" topic preview mod? Who didn't like it? I will wait for some feedback before I reenable it.
I liked it, but think it should limit how much it shows. For example, if a post is more than 5 or six lines, perhaps only the first sentence or two should show up in the preview.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
I really liked the feature (post preview) although I think (also) it could be a little shorter but more than 1-2 sentences. Perhaps 6-8 lines? I would imagine a balance would be good. Seems the first 2 sentences don't do a lot of good in most posts but I think 6-8 lines would provide enough context to remind a reader of the original post/thread to decide on whether to see what new addition(s) have been added or not.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
It is a clever feature - but personally I did not like or utilise it.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I liked it just as it was. I found it very useful in determining whether I would open the topic or not.

Please keep it as it was.

Ken

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
I didn't use it here. I use the "no frames" option and "View posts since last visit". In the resultant search list of new posts, it never seemed to activate.

I do use it on another Phpbb forum where I go in by topic. I only read about 20% of the posts on that forum, so it helps me select which threads I want to read. Also, on that forum they do not drift from the original thread topic nearly as much as we do here, which makes the feature more useful.

I attempt to read all new posts on this forum. Given that, the feature has no real value for me. But if a majority of the membership likes it, I have no problem with having it active.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Personally, the "preview" was something that bothered me initially, until I figured out what it was. Now, I can completely and utterly ignore it, much like PaulJo does.

Joe

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
:lol: Another vote for yes.....helped me remember if I had read that thread before & what the subject was about.

G

·
0 Posts
Yes , I liked it when I wanted to quickly view the subject matter before opening it.

Helix

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Since I read every new post anyway, the preview isn't very helpful to me. When on my cellular connection, it really slows down loading the index page of each forum since it preloads part of each message in the index for display.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Almost anything can be made a user configurable option. The question is how much time and effort it would take? I can't answer that without spending some time looking at how involved the mod is to impliment.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts