Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now keep in mind that my '05, AN650 won't be in Boise for quite a while and also that I've never even layed eyes on a Burgman, and also that I'm nursing a bad hip and trying to find ways to keep the pain down while riding. Ok here goes, is it possible and / or practical to put highway pegs on a 650?

·
Registered
969 Posts

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Try riding without them first. When you put your feet on the forward (angled up) part of the floorboards, it is almost like having highway pegs - except that your legs aren't spread apart and hanging out in the wind. I have a 35" inseam, and I see no need for them. But as previously stated, yes, it has been done. Here is a link to pictures in the Gallery. The installation was on a Burgman 400 - probably be a similar projext on a 650. Highway Peg Pictures

·
Registered
30,278 Posts
I think you'll find you don't really need the footpegs on the Burgman. After my hip surgery I was able to ride short distances on my 400 in about a month. The Burgman has floorboards rather than pegs and this allows you to place your feet in multiple positions to find the most comfortable one for your hip. For me, being able to change the locations of my right foot is very important since pain is caused by being in a single position too long.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
I have to agree with these posts, I don't think you will need them, but if you do yes it can be done as you can see from the above post .
Having never seen a Burgman you may not be aware that not only do you have standard floor boards but they in fact extent up both sides so you can stretch your feet forward and still have a foot rest .

By the way personally I think the only silly questions are the ones people don't ask. :)

·
Registered
857 Posts
contraryas usual

I was one of those asking if this was possible awhile ago. I have a 32" inseam, and wish I could straighten my leg when my foot is against the floorboard...

Now, I do realize i've never really ridden a bike that had the pegs, so I have no idea if i'd like them on the 650 or not, but I do wish I could straighten my legs, especially on longer rides...

I'll probably wait til I get the Corbin seat rather than go for the pegs. It sure sounds like the Corbin would shift me back a few inches and allow me to straighten my legs against the floorboards.

·
Registered
611 Posts
The seat back (the hump) easily slides forward and back on both the 650 and 400. With a 32" inseam you may have enough room to straighten your legs when you have the seat back all the way back. If not - it is easy to remove it. If you like the fit without it - then I'd suggest you remove some of the foam from inside (resizing the foam and putting the cover back on is simple). The seat needs the hump in place only to cover the holes, and to provide a bit of padding on what is somewhat bare without it. Several people have had their seats recovered to do without the hump. They all seem very happy - but that will cost you more than just modifying it yourself. In any case - I would think you should be able to straighten your legs if you want to - we just need someone else with a 32" inseam to chime in.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I wish i'd tried removing the seat back (hump) BEFORE I added my Utopia backrest...now that i have installed the backrest, I can't really remove the seat back and see if I'd prefer the extended leg room MORE than the backrest. I'm spoiled with the backrest - really like it.

I've read that the Corbin seat provides much more back support, even without the additional (and expensive) backrest...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts