Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please excuse my ignorance but can someone explain to me why 2 topic headings pre 2007 and 2007+ For the 400? RT Thanks in advance .i

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Beginning in 2007, Suzuki introduced broad changes to the 400 line. Therefore, most parts of the 400 from previous years are not interchangeable with the 2007+ models. This is especially important when making purchases such as a windshield, trunk, and parts in general.

·
Premium Member
14,230 Posts
As Cary said, Suzuki redesigned the 400 in 07. The pre 07 and 07+ models have very little in common. Frame is different, motor is different, CVT is different, clutch is different, body work is different, etc, etc.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Thats a loaded question and while both are good and reliable versions of the 400, I think most would agree that there were several improvements on the 2007+ models.

·
Premium Member
14,230 Posts
Yeah, a loaded question. Personally I prefer the pre 07 400 but either are fine bikes.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Yep, both versions are brilliant bikes. You get just a little more power with the 2007+ and generally a little better fuel economy, at least over here on the UK models. Generally some good improvements to the later model over the earlier one, particularly regarding ease of maintenance, but that should not put you off buying the earlier version which is actually easy to maintain too.They are both about the best mid range scoots on the market and about as bullet proof as you can get.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
You can tell the later scoot as it has 2 front discs.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Quantum Mechanic said:
You get just a little more power with the 2007+ and generally a little better fuel economy, at least over here on the UK models.
Power yes but fuel economy is in question. I seem to get better gas mileage on my Pre-2007 then my friends that have the newer models here in the States.

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Also worth bearing in mind that while power is increased, so is weight.

So performance differences, if any, are minimal.

I haven't ridden a post 2007, so can't comment with any great authority, but I'm very happy with my 2006.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Pre-2007
+ I like the double shock/springs on the rear. I don't like the goofy concealed monkey-motion shock linkage on modern bikes.
+ Valve adjustment is screw and nut. I can stand on my head and do that. Like my old VW and old Toyota pick up truck.
+ Has integral backrests

2007 and on
+ 4 valve motor = more power
+ I own this one. So I'll keep it. Despite the stupid shim valves. :)

- I am not familiar with the older windscreens, but the one on my 08 is a lousy design.
- I calc. 475 pounds for my 08. Which is porky for a one-cylinder engine to pull around. It is what it is though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts