Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife, Alyson, and I went on a group ride today with about 35 other motorcycles and scooters. One of the men we rode with is named Thomas and he was on a Burgman 650 scooter and had his dog, Sparky, with him.
Aly and I played with his dog and talked with him for about 30 minutes about Burgman scooters and dogs.

Later in the ride, he had a bad accident in a curve and went flying off the road. His dog was in a motorcycle dog carrier and was unhurt in the accident and Aly and some other riders played with the dog to keep the little guy calm. I and another person who had some medical training did what we could to keep Thomas calm and attend to his injuries until the EMTs arrived on the scene. The EMTs thought that he had internal injuries and he was airlifted to the ER on a Medflight helicopter.

PLEASE say a prayer for Thomas that he recovers form his injuries and also think God that his beloved little dog was unharmed.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
UPDATE:
They are about to send Tom home, but he has a broken bone in his leg, some broken ribs, and a small cracked bone on his spine. He was extremely relieved to find out that his dog was okay.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Glad to hear Tom's good enough to be sent home from the hospital. Thank you Lord for keeping him (relatively) safe.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Yes, speedy recovery for your friend and glad his pooch is well.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Glad to hear he will recover.. I love dogs.. have two nowand many others in the past.. riding with one scares me to death.. If something happened to the dog, I would never forgive myself.. not critical at all. just commenting.. I just don't want to expose the pooch to the hazards that may exist while riding..

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Sorry to hear of Tom & Sparky's accident, but happy that Tom's on the road to recovery. My Pug dog always rides pillion on my Gold Wing, and we've logged over 60,000 miles together.

No doubt in my mind that he loves to ride even more more than me. I wouldn't consider leaving home without him, never do, cage, tractor, lawnmower or the Wing. I love the little rascal more than anything. If I get anywhere near the bike, he's sitting by it, tail wagging, begging for a ride, etc.

However, he is harnessed and double strapped to the armrests of the Wing. No doubt, I ride much safer with the little guy. I value him more than I do myself! Yes, we may have an accident someday, but if so, then hope we survive, and if not, hope we die together. Nothing beats the companionship of a dog. Will Rogers quote, "If dogs don't go to Heaven when they die, then when I die I want to go where they went". I totally agree!!

·
Registered
573 Posts
Continued prayers for a full recovery

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Fast speedy and complete recovery to Tom, while he is in the hospital Sparky will miss him badly.

·
Registered
12 Posts
God is so amazing, i love to see him work. He takes trash of a wealth man and makes a meal for a homeless man. His promise is to take care of his people. God is greater

·
Premium Member
14,258 Posts
Best wishes for a speedy recovery for your friend.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts