Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am now counting the days (5) to picking up my new 650 :)
I have a GPS Speed Detector that is powered by a cigarette type plug.
Can this be plugged into the socket on the Burgman, and if so, how do you route the cable? Is there a cutout or something to allow the door to be shut and let the cables out??

Andy

·
Registered
792 Posts
No cutout

Hi,

Hang in there Norm. Those last few day of waiting can be tough, can't they. But worth it.

There isn't a cutout but a few minutes with a Dremel-type tool will solve that problem. Bigger problem is where/how to mount things so they'll be visible and secure. I'm researching that now.

Regards,

Dan

·
Registered
42 Posts
GPS

The 12V outlet in the glove box does not allow the door to close w/o major modifications or a pivoting plug.

I installed another 12V outlet (marine grade) on the dash area and then mounted the GPS on the handle bars using a RAM mounting system. This set-up works great and the GPS is easily removed for security or transfer to the cars.

Good luck.

-Greg

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have installed a gps on my 650. the firt question i have is where do u plan on mounting it?...then i will be able to give advice on wiring and installation
I plan on putting the GPS Speed detector on top of the dashboard above the Speedometer, I have today spoken to the guy who is fitting the Alarm to my new scoot, and he is going to put me a fused feed from the rear of the power socket upto the screen area for me :)

Andy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.