Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am now counting the days (5) to picking up my new 650 :)
I have a GPS Speed Detector that is powered by a cigarette type plug.
Can this be plugged into the socket on the Burgman, and if so, how do you route the cable? Is there a cutout or something to allow the door to be shut and let the cables out??

Andy

·
Registered
794 Posts
No cutout

Hi,

Hang in there Norm. Those last few day of waiting can be tough, can't they. But worth it.

There isn't a cutout but a few minutes with a Dremel-type tool will solve that problem. Bigger problem is where/how to mount things so they'll be visible and secure. I'm researching that now.

Regards,

Dan

·
Registered
135 Posts
i have installed a gps on my 650. the firt question i have is where do u plan on mounting it?...then i will be able to give advice on wiring and installation

·
Registered
42 Posts
GPS

The 12V outlet in the glove box does not allow the door to close w/o major modifications or a pivoting plug.

I installed another 12V outlet (marine grade) on the dash area and then mounted the GPS on the handle bars using a RAM mounting system. This set-up works great and the GPS is easily removed for security or transfer to the cars.

Good luck.

-Greg

·
Registered
308 Posts
I run a Valentine audio remote and an electric vest off the power outlet, and slam the door on the wires.

Trick...eh?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have installed a gps on my 650. the firt question i have is where do u plan on mounting it?...then i will be able to give advice on wiring and installation
I plan on putting the GPS Speed detector on top of the dashboard above the Speedometer, I have today spoken to the guy who is fitting the Alarm to my new scoot, and he is going to put me a fused feed from the rear of the power socket upto the screen area for me :)

Andy

·
Registered
135 Posts
u might want to check what he is going to really do...as the power to the socket is only on when the key is turned on...when the key is off there is no power to the socket.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts