Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, first let me admit that I am electronically challanged. That said, I plugged my Gerbing jacket into the power socket of my new Burgman 400, and nothing :(. I then plugged it into my car and it worked fine. I'm thinking there is no power to the outlet on the scooter. Any ideas as to how to prceed short of going to the dealer? My 600 mile visit is a few weeks away.
Thanks, Hank

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Hank,

Did you have the ignition on? The power outlet on the Burgman is switched (only works with the tignition on). The power outlets on cars typically are not switched (work all the time).

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
If your scoot was running -like Pauljo said- you mite try pushing the plug in little harder and hold it just to see if that works. If it does then maybe (on some plugs) you can bend the tip out a little more so it reaches the center contact.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Paul, yes the scooter was running at the time. I will try pushing it in harder and see if that works.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Hank,

I've always preferred using the harness that comes with the electric clothing, wired straight to the battery terminals. That is a piece of cake to do - if you can get at the battery. The 650 battery is pretty easy to get at, but I think I've seen posts indicating that the 400 battery is tougher to access.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
The 400s battery is in the right hand side of the large front storage compartment. The dealer cut a small notch in the compartment on Lapine Rider's 400 to allow the wire out. It'd be more difficult to do, but if it were mine, I'd route the wire for the gear thru the body and have the wire come out under the seat instead.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts