Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody found a cable that will plug into that thing and you can still close the box? I was planning on using it to charge my phone while riding but the door wont close and I don't really want to ride with it open.

·
Registered
153 Posts
They make stubby USB connecters that fit in the outlet and use the USB cable to charge your phone. They make them with single and double connections. I use a single one in mine works like a charm and the door closes.

·
Registered
739 Posts
The end that plugs into my phone, and most that I have seen, is a mini usb.. does that fit here?

·
Registered
3,973 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought a three output power plug at a truckstop a few years ago. I have seen these at various truckstops all the time. I just tried it last week on my 2012 650 executive and the glove box closes fine. I will be using it for my GPS and to charge my cell phone.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Point of interest: Never ride with the door that covers the power outlet open or partly open. The panel to the left of it that covers the air filter and fuses tends to blow off when the door over the power outlet is not closed. That door is the only thing that holds the panel on. There is a lot of air pressure on the panel when the scoot is going fast.

Bill

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Bill-Bill said:
Point of interest: Never ride with the door that covers the power outlet open or partly open. The panel to the left of it that covers the air filter and fuses tends to blow off when the door over the power outlet is not closed. That door is the only thing that holds the panel on. There is a lot of air pressure on the panel when the scoot is going fast.
Indeed I know I've done it once, lol.

·
Premium Member
1,564 Posts
MJR said:
Bill-Bill said:
Indeed I know I've done it once, lol.

Those covers cost about $15. Don't ask how I know that. Some riders install a tether behind the cover. I chose to install a very small Phillips-head screw in the lower right hand corner of that cover. Mine flew away at 65 MPH when the glove box door opened by itself. I cleaned and lubed the latch and have not had the glove box door fly open again. That was 3 years ago and I still have the screw in that little cover. :thumbup:

Back to the original post, I use a dual outlet that allows the box door to remain closed. I bought it at WalMart for about $6.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Fit a marine-grade accessory socket somewhere on the console. Mine, (shown with cover open) is near the ignition switch and is wired in parallel with the existing accessory socket so that it uses the same 10A fuse.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
oooooo who has got a shiny bike then? :wink:

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
I use the griffin dual USB adapter in the outlet (goes in flush, so you can close the door) from there I ran a standard iPod cable out a hole I made in the box up and around and out by the brake res. from there it reaches my iPad mounted in the center, or I've found that my iPhone fits perfectly in the space between the plastic and the brake res. and won't fall out on smooth roads.... So far.

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
This sounds CHEAP -- I took one that was too long (door would not close), took the plug in a part, cut part of it off to make it shorter, taped it up good with electrical tape. Then plugged it in and closed the door.

It has two other female plugs off the one male plug that I shortened.

·
Registered
107 Posts
be careful at highway speed,s if the door is opened that little flat plastic cover that hide,s your fuse box will flt off i never did find mine on the side of the road new one was about 42.00 i moved my plug to under the seat

·
Registered
18 Posts
Chaplain KC said:
Has anybody found a cable that will plug into that thing and you can still close the box? I was planning on using it to charge my phone while riding but the door wont close and I don't really want to ride with it open.
The previous owner of my 06 cut a little slot in the bottom of the glove box for a power cord for "something". It doesn't look bad, and I suppose if I ever need to connect something it may be handy. He/she also attached a tether to the fuse blog door.

·
Registered
562 Posts
LeDude said:
try something like this... they are available in different configurations at most auto store parts stores, walmart, etc...

Same brand I bought but I got a two plug not three plug. I did have to dremel 1/4 or 1/8 inch off the back to close the box but it worked out great.

(I give up, can't attach file too big, tried img link from photobucket, images may only be 800 pixels wide, I've never seen a forum with so many rules about images)

Here is a direct link to the album.

http://photobucket.com/65012V

1 - 20 of 20 Posts