Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm on my second Burgman 650. The first was a 2009 standard and the current a 2012 exec. There seems to be a lag in power while excellerating with the 2012. It has plenty of power if you crank the throttle more but there is a definite difference. Is it only my bike or are they all like that.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Mine is the same until the engine gets to operating temps then it acts normal.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have a Silverwing 600cc and a Burgman 650cc. The Silverwing responds smoothly from any RPM and throtle input, but the Burgman has a slight delay at any RPM when given more throtle. I always thought that it was shifting down when given more throtle. Maybe we should put it in manuel drive and try giving more throtle and compare response.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Marv said:
I'm on my second Burgman 650. The first was a 2009 standard and the current a 2012 exec. There seems to be a lag in power while excellerating with the 2012. It has plenty of power if you crank the throttle more but there is a definite difference. Is it only my bike or are they all like that.
Same situation between me 2005 Burgie 650 and 2009 Burgie 650, 2005 respond better, faster, plus more power.

Perhaps it cause by anti-pollution system.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
No difference between my 2009 & 2011.

Bill

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
LoL...I was sort of blankly looking at your pic and it just appeared to me as a face, with the headlights being (crossed) eyes, and looked kinda like a face sticking out it's tongue...LoL...

anyways, does the 2012 still use a good old throttle cable?

Bill-Bill said:
No difference between my 2009 & 2011.

Bill

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
QuantumRift,

My wife said the same thing.

Bill

1 - 7 of 7 Posts