Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.Im new at this forum.What a great sight for Burgman fans !!
Ive put money down on a 2005 blue Burgman 650 just waiting for delivery.
can hardly wait !!
Ive been riding motorcycles for about 25 years. My last one was a "yamaha Venture royale" 1100cc.Nice bike but cumbersome.Now im looking for something really fun for me and my girlfriend.
Living in colorado im alittle concerned about power in the mountains when riding to up.Any thoughts on this?

Thanks.
zapcrt

·
Registered
355 Posts
The wife and I ride two up quite often with no problems on the steep inclines.

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
30,277 Posts
Welcome to the BurgmanUSA forums zapcrt. Glad to have you join us.

There's always a few power hounds that always want more... but most riders, including those that came from bigger bikes, say the 650 has plenty of get up and go. I don't think you'll be disappointed in the 650 Burgman. :)

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Welcome zapcrt. Just hook up some nitrous oxide and then you'll simply FLY up those steep grades!! 8)
vr,
Pete

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Dave,

Power mode works great is the slower tighter mountain twisties. For higher speed sweeping curves, Auto mode works just fine. Once you get used to the 650, you will find that it is much easier to ride in the mountains than that Venture was. The 650 has almost as much torque as horsepower, which helps in those conditions. It also has lots of engine braking. It is a great choice for that type of riding.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Greetings and welcome to the forum. You won't have any problems with power. I would also bet that your partner will be more comfortable on the 650 as well.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Greetings, Zapcrt. Welcome to the ICOBO.

I haven't done any two-up mountain riding, but I have done a lot of solo riding: the Cascades, Olympics, Siskyous, etc.

I weigh 230 pounds, and on my trip down to Mexico I had an additional 20 pounds or so of baggage and camera gear.

I've never wanted for power, never had an over-heating problem, no braking problems on the down-grades...the AN650 is a great touring bike.

As Paul mentioned, using the Power mode in the twisties gives you even greater speed control entering and exiting turns, although the increased throttle sensitivity isn't something you'd want all the time; use it sparingly as needed.

Once you get used to the special throttle technique required (no clutch, and LOTS of engine braking, so roll on and off smoothly) I think you'll find the 650 to provide one of the most enjoyable rides out there, even in the Mile High City.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great replys!!!

Hey thanks for all the great replys !!
Im sure me and my girl will have many fun days up in the mountains.
Can hardly wait!

zapcrt

·
Registered
719 Posts
I used to ride a Kawasaki ZX-6R before I got my scooter, so I have some frame of reference. You will find that the Burgman will go much faster than needed on twisties, mountains, highways, away from stop lights, whatever.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts