292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have my manuals yet. Any idea whether the charging
system will handle an electric vest? I commute along the coast
and it's been pretty gray and foggy.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
All I can tell you is that other members on the board use heated accessories and havent had any problems to date. So it must be capable.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
I use a Gerbing heated jacket liner & gloves. Gerbing draws more current than Widder, but the jacket liner has heated sleeves & collar as well as the vest part. Absolutely no problem on the AN650 (I don't think you stated which Burgman you are inquiring about).

I can't remember the exact numbers, but in road tests I've previously read, the Suzuki Burgman 650 had substantially higher generator output than my Suzuki 1000cc V-Strom. 520 vs 360 is close. The electric gear also works fine on the V-Strom though.

·
Registered
761 Posts
just don't blow any fuses or you are stranded... carry extra fuses. and a mini flashlight (torch). I was riding my bike some years ago in the deep country at night when I turned my brights on a little too slow (I guess) which caused both the high and low beams to be on at same time. Blew the fuse. Imagine trying to stop from 50mph in complete darkness. Had to borrow fuse from the dash lights. Always carry spares nowadays.

And, speaking of which. Why is the burgies system completely tied together that when that you blow a fuse not related to engine operation and your whole bike is down? seems stupid to me.

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wiring

I've seen that the Chevy wiring is all interconnected to. They
use quite a bit less wire if the distributer, cigarette lighter and
map light are all interconnected :eek:

Good idea on the extra fuses.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts