Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've made a three days trip in northern Italy, to meet some friends in Boario and share some good laughts :)

These are some pictures of the road i've done alone goin there and back home.

Covelo, Iseo Lake

Vello, Iseo Lake

Tonale Pass

Campo Carlo Magno

Brentonico Plateau

Mt. Baldo

778km in three days, not bad :)

The roadmap:

https://goo.gl/maps/prCFGFEQEwLCdezcA

·
Registered
555 Posts
As a long time Guzzi rider, Italy has been on my list for quite some time. Great pictures and thanks for sharing.
Thanks.
It looks like the Burgman was right at home on those roads.
Yep, I'm still the weak part of the man/machine combo :grin
It was my first "real" trip on the mountains, and i noticed how much less "rigid" i was in the later part compared to the beginning of the travel.
That roads are nothing extreme (these are all very high tourism places, both for skiing and biking/jogging, so they have perfect roads suited for all kinds of car driver), still fun and rewarding for a motorcyclist. And, if you want, you can always take a turn and climb a mountain on a smaller, gnarly 2m wide old road :wink

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I have been to Italy twice with my friend Mario Ronchetti. He has family by Foligno. We went to Assisi, Rome, Ostia, Venice, Cassino, Naples, Almalfi coast, Capri, and Paestum over the two trips. I was very impressed by Italy. Those scooter drivers know how to ride a bike!

·
Super Moderator
9,928 Posts
As a long time Guzzi rider, Italy has been on my list for quite some time. Great pictures and thanks for sharing.
Thanks.
Yep, i'm still the weak part of the man/machine combo :grin
It was my first "real" trip on the mountains, and i noticed how much less "rigid" i was in the later part compared to the beginning of the travel.
That roads are nothing extreme (these are all very high tourism places, both for skiing and biking/jogging, so they have perfect roads suited for all kinds of car driver), still fun and rewarding for a motorcyclist. And, if you want, you can always take a turn and climb a mountain on a smaller, gnarly 2m wide old road :wink
Ain't we all. Like so many others I have had a lot of bikes over the years and as much as I remember being much faster than I actually was, definitely the bikes were the better part of that equation in probably each and every one of those instances. But I had fun and lived to tell about it. I'm glad you had a good trip and thank you for sharing a little of it with some of us cubicle rats back in the US.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Today was a perfect day with perfect temperature, thanks to the thunderstorms we had in the weekend.
So after the work i skipped the gym and did instead a short trip on the hills behind my city. Just about 80km in quiet roads, without any reason to hurry, and the only "problem" of the sun at eyes height.

Here's a couple of postcards (not great photos, but i have a crappy phone since the one i had died):

The map, if you're curious
https://goo.gl/maps/87xDMPxLgDjNsqiZA

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This afternoon i felt the need for a short ride....
... ended up to 273km (about 170 miles) up and down the hills of the Tuscan-Emilian Apennines.
My face hurts 'cause the big grin i had for all the 6 hours (resting pauses included) it took to me :)

I'll see if the video i've recorded have some moments worth a share :)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Late to this thread. Beautiful pictures! That's what I call touring!

Reactions: Parduz

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Today i've got a nice sunset while coming back from office to home.
Had to stop and take some pictures:

Now, SP86 "Lungosavena" is not the Route 66, and TRON is not an Harley-Davidson*, but i have a road, i have a bike, and i'm able to be happy of what i've got :)

*and I'm absolutly happy about this! :D :D

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Very nice! I just had to cancel my June tour. 21 days on the road would have been my longest yet. I'm quite sad .

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
A bike ride and a beautiful sunset is a gentle reminder that there will be life after covid-19. Thanks for the pics.

Reactions: Parduz

·
Super Moderator
9,928 Posts
Awesome pics @Parduz
I have long wanted to follow some of the roads in Italy. I am a former MG owner and crazy as it seems, really wanting to get another to satisfy my European sport touring bike urge. Italy is on my bucket list to visit the wall in Mandello.
Thanks for sharing the pics. Ya dun well.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the wall in Mandello
What wall?

The whole Como Lake is worthy an entire week, IMHO. I have a piece of my heart permanently bond to an ancient, rural church on top of "Gera Lario", which is on the north tip of the lake, west side.
You know that places that, for one reason or another, gives you peace, joy and serenity just for being there?

But we're plenty of roads to ride on a bike, famous like the Stelvio pass, unknown to most ppl like ... well, a trillion of them :D

·
Super Moderator
9,928 Posts
In several pictures I have seen of the factory or what I think is the factory, there is a wall or garage door or wall with the logo on it. I haven't seen it in anything but pics but similar to the wall at the HD factory in Milwaukee. As a former MG owner, I would like to visit there.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Finally, i've made the first serious ride of the season, after the COVID-19 lockdown end.
The sun was hot, the air pretty fresh (we have got some storm in the previous days) and it was perfect.
I can't still go out of my region, so inteseat of the "usual" roads in Tuscany, i got a new destination, "Corno alle Scale", which is a mountain and have a big skiing centre during the winter.

Here some images, and the path i've done today.

WP_20200601_15_27_30_Pro.jpg
WP_20200601_15_29_59_Pro.jpg

- EDIT -

forgot to attach the road map, sorry:

·
Premium Member
3,650 Posts
What was your fuel consumption ?

That building on the hill...is it a Russian Consulate?

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Premium Member
3,650 Posts
Wow ! Thanks for the pics and the Wiki Link....you are lucky to have such treasures and wise enough to appreciate them.

Reactions: Blacktruck

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Another nice day for a ride with the wife.

This is Borgo LaScola, a village built between 1300 and 1500 and kept in that original state by the residents.

This is the Idice valley as seen from the sanctuary on the top of Monte delle Formiche (which i think it could be translated in "Ant's mount")

The wife looking at the valley

Is the Burgman a MotorHome? :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts