·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Suzuki GT750 "Water Buffalo":

I rode one (a '73 IIRC) way back when and it was so smooth and quiet that one would think it had a electric motor...

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Ah the Scarver....that's still on my Australia list for a long term ride. Brilliant machine.

I'm still inclined to the CB500x tricked out

Like so

but with the taller screen.

Some mix of this

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Oh, here it is!

·
Registered
753 Posts
Suzuki GT750 "Water Buffalo":

I rode one (a '73 IIRC) way back when and it was so smooth and quiet that one would think it had a electric motor...
I had a '74 model back in around '79 or '80. It had the four leading shoe front brake that I never could get adjusted correctly. It was not particularly fast and it certainly was not good handling. Gas mileage really sucked too as low 30's was about all it would get.

My Suzuki GT550 was way more fun to ride. Still a two stroke triple so it was still smooth but much better on the streets of Houston than the behemoth GT750 was. The buffalo got sold after only a few months ownership.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
I always regretted not getting a GT550 :(
I did okay with the RD400 tho for many years 'cept it wanted to foul plugs.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I always regretted not getting a GT550 :(
I did okay with the RD400 tho for many years 'cept it wanted to foul plugs.
And I had three Yamaha RD400's! A red one, a blue one and a Daytona. The Daytona was white and the last year they were sold here in the US. They are quite the collector bike now I understand. Alas, many of the bikes that I used to own now have collector status!

Too soon old and too late smart.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Yeah - the one I really loved was my first "real" motorcycle - the Honda 305 Hawk.
What a sweet machine that was.

I put a lot of miles on my Black RD400...I recall it being reviewed at the time as the "perfect bike".
It was not as squirrelly as it's predecessor the RD350 - they did some trick with a hole somewhere in the combustion cycle that tamed the peakiness down.

I had it set up with drop bars and to this day - I pay for them with sore hands ;)
Bikini fairing too.
Phenomenal brakes on it.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Ah the Scarver....that's still on my Australia list for a long term ride. Brilliant machine.

I'm still inclined to the CB500x tricked out...
Sort of like coming at the supermotard concept from the other direction and overshooting a bit into the adventure-touring class :)

·
Registered
511 Posts
>>Suzuki GT750 "Water Buffalo"<<

Ah, the ever popular "Kettle". Nobody really wanted them back in the day, but a nice one is commanding a hefty price nowadays.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I always wanted one of these, a Triumph Model 21 (also known as the 3TA). A little 350 single. Love the bathtub rear fender.

·
Registered
511 Posts
>>I always wanted one of these, a Triumph Model 21<<

You and me both! Funny, nobody wanted the "bathtubs" back in the day, but now they're much sought after! I saw a cherry maroon 3TA at a British meet last year, and I lusted after it badly! :)

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The art deco era for design was my favorite of all time . It had a flare that no other design has come close to , and when they called it ART deco they named it correctly because it truly was ART !

TheReaper!

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
The Kettenkrad

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
I always wish I had a Valmobile (Scooter in a Suitcase) :D

·
Registered
34 Posts