Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking ( like so many others) for a sound system for the Burg. Creative has a unigue setup that looks promising. I was at Best Buy, but they wouldn't let me take it outside to test fit it to various locations on the bike. It's also availble with an MP3 player.

http://creative.com/speakers/series/travelsound/

Has anyone seen this?. It was only 69 bucks, so I wouldn't be out much. I have seen some speaker outfits, like the Road Rumble series that clamp on, but it's close to $300.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
ksmall1998 said:
Thanks Bill..........I never remember to search first
You're welcome. Searching is one of the first things I do when a question is asked (too lazy to retype).

·
Registered
18 Posts
I got a set of 3.5" speakers from bestbuy, an extra set of storage compartmnet doors from ronayers.com.

I drilled a bunch of holes on the spare doors and mounted the speakers to them.

I still have the original doors incase things dont work out.

The car radio is going to go under the seat with a wired remote up front somwhere.

I'll let you know how it works when I get finished with it.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
tony308 said:
I'll let you know how it works when I get finished with it.
Some pictures would be nice too. <hint, hint> :D

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have the Creative Speakers and they work fine if you aren't going very fast. Get up to highway speeds and you barely know it is on. I hooked an MP3 up to it and it just couldn't get loud enough. Plus at the top range it sounded like the speakers were cracking. I'm still looking for a better system.

BTW, Radio Shack has a double hook system that really sticks. It is a lot better than Velcro. I have gone over some pretty rough roads and nothing has jarred lose yet. The stuff is amazing. 3M makes it and you would think it would be in any store, but Radio Shack is the only place I have found it so far.

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
I went to Best Buy tonight and bought the Creative Speaker Amplifiers for $69.00. They sound pretty good. Then found out that until the 28th of August there is a $30 rebate on these speakers! :D They sound even better now! :lol:

Kelly

1 - 8 of 8 Posts