Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In July the 4 year old battery in my 400 gave it up and a local repair shop replaced it with an Interstate YTS12A-BS. That battery turned out to be bad and the shop replaced it. The replacement worked for a week then I began having difficulty starting the scooter. If it didn't catch on the first try with the battery freshly charged it wouldn't start at all. I'd have to jump it from my car to get it started. Initially once the scooter warmed up there didn't seem to be a problem so I thought possibly there were other factors involved. I changed the spark plug and was about to take it to the dealer when I got the idea of changing out the battery one more time. The Interstate battery didn't turn the motor over nearly as fast as the old one or when jumped from the car. Also it didn't seem to have much endurance before needing to be recharged. Bad lots have been known to happen and it appears this may well be the case. A new Inga CT12A-BS(FA) was installed and there've now been three very normal sounding starts in a row. If the scooter starts tomorrow morning cold I'll consider the issue solved. I wish I could find a lot number on this Interstate battery but I don't see anything stamped on it anywhere. There's just the part number, M32ABS and the YTS12A-BS designation.
(If there's a better place for this cautionary note please feel free to relocate it.)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The scooter continues to start and act normally so that pretty much proves it was a second defective battery. Ridin' happy again!:iconbiggrin:

·
Registered
110 Posts
I used to think that Interstate batteries were great, until I had one installed in a Chevy Eurosport a few years ago. I blew an alternator, then a second alternator before I got back home, and when I got a third one, I watched my electrical gage very carefully, only to see it Jump and go completely down when I made a left turn. Come to find out, the battery had an internal short. The company provided a new battery, but would not take care of the alternators. I have not had one since.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts