Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently the 400 I'll be seeing Sunday hasn't been started in months and
may have a dead battery...she's going to check it this morning. Is the battery readily accessible on the 400? .... if it is dead, I suppose I could bring a fresh one with me and either put it in, or use it to jump the bike. Another thought...
I have a battery tender...does anyone know if when this is connected, does it
provide immediate power while it is charging?

Paul

·
Registered
466 Posts
The battery is in the glove box behind a cover on the right side. A battery tender will recharge it but it might take some hours to do it. If you buy a new battery make sure it's the big one, I think 12 amp hours, if I remember right, my book had the wrong one called out but the bike had the bigger (same size just more amps) one in it.

Thanx,
Russ

·
Registered
611 Posts
Ride your Scarebo over and jump start it off of it. It'll give you an intro to selling her the Scarebo...

Don't jump start a motorcycle/scooter off anything but another motorcycle/scooter.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Robert said:
Don't jump start a motorcycle/scooter off anything but another motorcycle/scooter.
This is probably good advice, however:

I jumpstarted my Kawasaki Concours from my wife's Ford Taurus twice.

I once jumpstarted my stupid Buick from my 1985 Goldwing. :shock:

No damage was incurred from any of these jumpstarts.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Robert said:
I've been told it's ok to jumpstart a motorcycle off a car as long as you do not have the car running at the time. You don't want the alternator charging the battery while connected to the bike. By connecting to the battery the bike can draw only the power required.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not a problem after all...great!

Boy, they have a rugged battery in the Burgies.....the sellers bike hadn't been
started since the Autumn and she reports it started right up....awesome, don't have deal with this....So...I've got a cashier's check in hand, and can't wait till noon on Sunday....sometimes things are just right, and I do believe that this
is one of those times...zoooooom!

Paul

1 - 7 of 7 Posts