Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 650 I converted the mirror turn signal lights to Turn Signal and marker/parking lights, what ever you want to call them. The marker/parking lights are on all the time. I recently bought a 2011 400 and would like to convert the front turn signal lights to do the same. Has anyone done this? If so do you have any hints?

Now the 400 also has position lights which I have no idea how they can be of any value being set right next to the headlights. With the headlights so bright how could you possible see the position lights, which BTW are not white and not amber but somewhere in between but being closer to white?? I just don't see the purpose for them, but I do see value in the amber turn signal lights also being running/parking lights. Any comments appreciated.
Thanks, Bill...

·
Registered
280 Posts
On my 400 I changed the push in globes in headlamp assy, (they are called parking lights here) to Led's which give off a super white look and are very noticeable on the road

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
On my 650 I converted the mirror turn signal lights to Turn Signal and marker/parking lights, what ever you want to call them. The marker/parking lights are on all the time. I recently bought a 2011 400 and would like to convert the front turn signal lights to do the same. Has anyone done this? If so do you have any hints?

Now the 400 also has position lights which I have no idea how they can be of any value being set right next to the headlights. With the headlights so bright how could you possible see the position lights, which BTW are not white and not amber but somewhere in between but being closer to white?? I just don't see the purpose for them, but I do see value in the amber turn signal lights also being running/parking lights. Any comments appreciated.
Thanks, Bill...
A few years ago, I added a set of Denali LEDs to my front forks and even during daylight, are 4 times brighter than the headlights.. Pics below - and I got them from www.twistedthrottle.com

Attachments

·
Registered
427 Posts
I just bumped my post on how to mod the positions lights. Good luck, it was quite simple.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
590 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info guys. I just don't understand Suzuki? On my 650 I had to replace the single element turn signal sockets with a dual element socket to convert to run & turn signal. On the 400 they use a dual socket and bulb and don't wire up the run light but put in a stupid little light "position light" which is worthless IMHO. Now if anyone out there in the world can shed some light (hehehe) on the why fore's of these issues I'd appreciate hearing about it. I must be missing something.
Thanks, Bill....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts