Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
Been lurking in the shadows for a few weeks now. Just purchased a used '03 400 from a nice lady in Myrtle Beach. The bike was too big for her (she's 70) and her kids were begging her to unload it. So, I picked up a great bike and what a deal. Anyway, wanted to mention how great of a resource this site was. In the process of tweaking the seat (I'm 6'5") and other mods and this site has everything I need. Passed another Burgman yesterday on Prima Vista; maybe we'll meet sometime soon. Ciao for now!

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Hi Big Fella Dave!

Glad you found us and welcome to the Forum :hello2:

Congrats on your purchase of a Svelte Burger and will be very interested to hear what you do to your seat to accommodate 6 ft 5in!!

I am 6 ft 1 in and fit 'snugly' - what are you doing at the moment sitting on the pillion seat? :lol: :)

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Welcome to BurgmanUSA! I am 6'6". I sat on a 400 in the showroom and had trouble with the handlebars contacting my legs when fully turned. I ended up buying the 650. I suppose that between removing the butt stop, and possibly tweaking handlebar adjustment I might have been able to make it fit. Like Norman, I'm curious as to how well you fit on the 400, and whether you will need to tweak anything for more comfort.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
fit

Hey Guys,
I removed the butt stop and am planning on changing it over with JACvinson's modification. Without the butt stop; I have good enough room considering my height. I will probably never take the bike on a cross country type ride, so just scootin around will be just fine. I bought a rack by moto tote and it works great. So, I can haul the bike to wherever we go and use it locally. Works great.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Greetings Dave and welcome to the forum. Congrats on your new ride.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Dave,

Check out our semi-local scooter group. You have to join to post, but it is FREE. Dennis (cptdenny) is also in Port St. Lucie. Maybe you will join us on one of our rides or can hook up with someone in your neighborhood. Welcome to the Burgman USA group and enjoy your scooter.

Janine

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JKerstinJ said:
Dave,

Check out our semi-local scooter group. You have to join to post, but it is FREE. Dennis (cptdenny) is also in Port St. Lucie. Maybe you will join us on one of our rides or can hook up with someone in your neighborhood. Welcome to the Burgman USA group and enjoy your scooter.

Janine
Sounds like fun.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Welcome to the BurgmanUSA forums Dave. Glad to have you join us. And congratulations on the 'Pre-Loved' Burgman 400.

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
welcome port st. lucy

just logged in and gave an avitar. geese. uploading a picture seems to be sort of mystical at this url.... anyway....
cool to see a fellow burgie in such close proximity.
hope your enjoying your burger...i know i am mine.
be well, ride safe,
pete

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hi there fellow Florida person!

I read the forums awhile before registering, too.

It's a great way to learn things about the Burgman.

Enjoy your scooter, you lucky guy!!!

Susan

·
Registered
925 Posts
Dave,
Congrats on the purchase of your 400 Burger and welcome to the group 8)

·
Registered
210 Posts
Welcome

Welcome to the forum Dave. Your 400 should be a lot of fun to tool around Pt. Saint Lucie on. Enjoy it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts