Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From a news release:

One bike gives "hogging the road" a new meaning.
In a porcine first, Hormel Foods (HRL) had a motorcycle tweaked so it runs on refined bacon grease. The company is touting the souped-up bike as "the world's first bacon-fueled motorcycle."
The bike is currently traveling the country on a road trip that's being documented on social media.

To read more about the pork torque, check out the company's site or follow Tweets using #DrivenByBacon.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
I'm more interested in the Diesel motorcycle than I am the fact that they are running it on Biodiesel made from bacon drippings.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I second that inferno! MMMMM Bacon grease!

The bike is brat style! For those who don't know, it is a newer trend that came out of Japan. It is similar to cafe racer and bobber styles but more modern.

The custom made carbon fiber tank is super cool and they molds they made are too.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I bet it really hauls pork butt!

Gives new meaning to the term "riding a hog".

The engine must have a lovely "swine" to it.

I hear guys are "bacon" to ride it.

For the gps, they used Ham mounts.

My girlfriend rode it to a lobster Festival. Now I got my baby back 'n bibs.

My buddy tried riding his girlfriend on it, but of course with no backseat, she fell off. Then the engine started running poorly. Yup, he's got no pull 'n' torque sans bitch.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Used to run a Mazda Diesel on cooking oil it really did smell like someone cooking potato chips.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I just thought of something, maybe the smell would be dangerous. Dogs already tend to chase bikes but they usually give up. Now however with the smell of bacon exiting out the pipe they may not quit and may get an extra boost of speed.

"Bacon - I smell bacon!"- "no it's not bacon its Baconbike brand motorcycles". "Dogs can't resist the smell of Baconbikes!"

Heaven forbid if you ride it through grizzly country!

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Never mind dogs if it smelt like bacon butties I would chase it to the ends of the earth.
:):):)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts