Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Posting my $5.00 or less 650 Burgman backrest, can be made in 15 minutes if you don't want to get to fancy,could be covered later with some black fancy leather or .... I just used the mounting bracket from the original backrest, a 12" x 11 1/2" x 1/2 piece of plywood ( I use some laminate floor that I had handy?) and a few screws. I just did 1700Km on the bike and its like sitting in a easy chair.

oldjack

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
DarisPakar

Just to clarify my bike has a Givi luggage rack on the back, and I didn't need to take the bag off, I am not sure if the tupperware covers the latch assembly on a bike with the stock back rest, with my rack the latch is easy to get to.

oldjack

·
Premium Member
2,368 Posts
Thanks and welcome oldjack .... I'll be looking forward to reading your posts. You seem to be a no-non-sense type of guy.

I’ve got a Givi Plate and Box too and didn’t want to tear everything apart....your instructions have motivated me to get up from the computer and give a look.

·
Premium Member
2,368 Posts
DarisPakar

I am not sure if the tupperware covers the latch assembly on a bike with the stock back rest, with my rack the latch is easy to get to.

oldjack
Hey oldjack,

Gotter her done....not as easy as yours but it’s done.

Now on to the backrest mod.

What's ya doing next ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Post a picture of your backrest when you get it done, and tell me what you think. Works for me.

If you are not as tall as me you might be able to put some padding on the backrest, but for me I was looking for max stretch. I do ware a ballistic jacket which does have built in padding, so for me a flat surface works fine.

Nice to here you got the cable done. Its not that complicated. KISS Theory- Keep It Simple

I did do a couple of more mods lately, easy way to install a GPS and how to help with wind buffeting.

I have been riding for a long time and have spent quite a bit of time touring around, so anything I can do to a Motorcycle to make my life easier I will try it.

But I also must admit, so far the Burgman seems to be one comfortable ride, as it sits. First bike I seem to be able to ride for 10 hours and still stand upright after I'am done.

oldjack

·
Premium Member
2,368 Posts
I ordered the material today....

Can you please post a close-up pic of your backrest front where the bottom edge is in relation to the seat top ? My material is a 12”x 18” x 1/2” Black Plastic Cutting Board.

I’m using a phone for navigation but only with its internal power.....it’s on the todo list.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is a picture, just make sure the the bottom of the bracket is equal to or sightly below the backrest, this will keep it from touching or damaging you seat. see the picture.

I like the idea of the cutting board, maybe I will look for one as well.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,368 Posts

·
Administrator
18,022 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,368 Posts
I use white ones of these. Have 4 of the 20x 15 ones. Very durable.
Got my black one today ......it’s as heavy as the Butt Blocker....came just like new...almost to pretty to cut.....It matches the seat great.

Unscrewed pad from bracket ....... Thinking.... Thinking.....Thinking.

·
Premium Member
2,368 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,368 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,904 Posts
Got my black one today ......it’s as heavy as the Butt Blocker....came just like new...almost to pretty to cut.....It matches the seat great.

Unscrewed pad from bracket ....... Thinking.... Thinking.....Thinking.
:eekthat's 3 thinkings in a row! time for emergency brain cooling ! i suggest a refreshing beverage at near ice temperature.:grin

·
Registered
72 Posts
I want to experiment with the homemade cutting board backrest but I do no want to destroy my stock butt block. Does anyone know where I can find a backrest bracket or cheap used butt block? The number L260426 in the pictures does not bring anything up an internet search. Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,368 Posts
I want to experiment with the homemade cutting board backrest but I do no want to destroy my stock butt block. Does anyone know where I can find a backrest bracket or cheap used butt block? The number L260426 in the pictures does not bring anything up an internet search. Thanks

The Backrest Pad unbolts from the metal bracket...you should be safe to experiment.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts