Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

Have you ever RANDOMLY seen a Suzuki Burgman on the ROAD?

• YES, a number of times...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • YES, there was this ONE time...

• NO, I have never seen a Burgman outside of the dealership (except mine).

• I have seen a Sasquatch but never a Burgman in real life at all.

• What is a Sasquatch?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
France is a small country.
It is easy to meet maxiscooters.
Moreover, I take part in a group of scooter hikers. We will visit Chambord, (Loire Castel) Sunday next (9 mai). If you are interested! rendez-vous in front of the castle of Blois 10 AM :wink:

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/x9-500/ssi/listedesrandos-terminees.shtml

And in June, in remembering the 60 anniversary of the Normandy "debarquement (fr)" landing the Allies, we prepare a visit of the beaches of Normandy. Omaha beach, Utah Beach...
:wink:

the classification of best sales of scooter with licence (more 125 cc) in France. Year 2003
TMax - 1030
AN40 - 779
X9-500 - 577
AN650 - 488
SilverW - 451
Beverly - 315
X9 -200 - 294
Versity - 281
YP majesty - 168
Grandturismo - 165

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
I think I saw one prior to purchasing mine. I was riding my Suzuki V-Strom last year, cruising about 70 mph on the interstate, and this guy glided past me on a big scooter. It could have been a Burgman or a Silver Wing - I wasn't too knowledgeable about the maxi-scooters at the time.

I am baffled. My dealer has sold quite a few Burgmans, but I don't see them on the road.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Last fall I saw one guy several times as he rode past my place. I was searching the Burgman at the time and was thrilled to see one on the road. The day I picked up my new Burgman I saw a different one (2 up) pass me while I was filling up at the gas station. No sightings in 2004 except for the one I got to follow on the Suzuki Demo ride. They do look comfy from behind. :D

·
Registered
409 Posts
I don't believe I've seen one either. I read posts from Burgman owners in my area but haven't seen one yet. Perhaps as the weather improves they will come out of hiding.

This one is for Paul. I have only seen one VStrom 1k on the road

·
Registered
220 Posts
On the three different Burgman sites I have only seen posts from two other Arizona owners.

One lives in Phoenix, the other in Vail (next to Tucson).

I live 90 miles from the nearest (Vail), and nearly 200 from the other.

I have only seen two other maxi-scooters; both were silverwings.

I'm sure there are more Burgman owners in Arizona. Perhaps they are unaware of these websites.

This is for Paul, also. Oddly, down here in the middle of nowhere, there were three V-Stroms. Strangely, two have been traded off for the Cagiva Capo Nord. Go Figure. I thought the V-Strom was a perfectly OK bike with a killer engine.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Option missing from the poll : Seen a sasquatch on a Burgman. :tongue3:

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Ted White said:
This is for Paul, also. Oddly, down here in the middle of nowhere, there were three V-Stroms. Strangely, two have been traded off for the Cagiva Capo Nord. Go Figure. I thought the V-Strom was a perfectly OK bike with a killer engine.
The V-Strom is a very good bike with a killer engine. I am not familiar with the Cagiva Capo Nord. But a lot of things can come into play with product satisfaction - dealer support for one thing. They only thing I really don't care for with my V-Strom, is the chain drive, which involves some regular maintenance. As far as I am concerned, that is an unnecessary chore. I owned only shaft drive bikes since the early 80's and they worked flawlessly, requiring no more attention than an occasional rear end lube change at rather extended mileage intervals. If the Strom was more seriously designed for off road duty I could excuse the chain - but it is really a sport tourer with enough ground clearance to handle a unpaved road when you really must. That could be another issue with the Strom trades - if the original buyers intended to do any serious off road riding, it is not the right choice for that.

In my case, I'll do a gravel road only when I have to. The Burgman 650 can do that too, although at a slower pace.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Edwljoseph said:
This one is for Paul. I have only seen one VStrom 1k on the road
I don't recall if I've seen one or not. Funny, but from a front view, the Burgman 650 and the V-Strom have a very strong family resemblance - the headlights look identical for one thing.

Neither model has been for sale in the USA that long. The V-Strom was introduced in 2002, the Burgman in 2003. And neither is likely to achieve the volume of sales that Harley, Honda Goldwing, and other more mainstream rides have. Makes it more special when you see one. :)

·
Registered
308 Posts
yaya

riding up 127 Gloucester way...beautiful ride...round a sweeping turn and BOOM!!!...Silver 04 Burgie at DD's. The owner, Paul, 65, also owns a ...er..er..whats that stripped Goldwing with solid lifters? Damnation..my mind....45 years old now....you know what I mean.

He's been ridng for years and loves his Burgman. Prob the last one I'll see for a few years.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Re: yaya

abm said:
The owner, Paul, 65, also owns a ...er..er..whats that stripped Goldwing with solid lifters? Damnation..my mind....45 years old now....you know what I mean.
Yah. Couldn't remember the name either. Hey, I'm 56. Went to the Honda website to look it up. Valkyrie. Don't forget that now... :wink:

·
Registered
308 Posts

pauljo said:
abm said:
The owner, Paul, 65, also owns a ...er..er..whats that stripped Goldwing with solid lifters? Damnation..my mind....45 years old now....you know what I mean.
Yah. Couldn't remember the name either. Hey, I'm 56. Went to the Honda website to look it up. Valkyrie. Don't forget that now... :wink:
arrrrgh..Valkyrie,,,,yes. I guess they are no longer making them. Its either a VTX or a Rune for new Honda buyers. Or the new wing, which is awsome.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts

abm said:
arrrrgh..Valkyrie,,,,yes. I guess they are no longer making them. Its either a VTX or a Rune for new Honda buyers. Or the new wing, which is awsome.
They still list the basic Valkyrie on the Honda website. I kind of like that bike. And the Wing is a Burgman on steroids - which isn't a bad thing...
Or maybe the Burgman is a Wing on a diet - still not a bad thing.

But the VTX styling leaves me cold. And the Rune styling would scare little kids (and some adults too). Both are biased toward style over function, and I don't even like the styling.

But offer me a sunny afternoon ride on a Valkyrie, and I'd jump at the chance. Or a week long tour on a Wing... I'd be gone!

Of course I'd have some making up to do with the Burgman when I got home. And my V-Strom already hates me because I choose the Burgman to ride much more often...

·
Registered
220 Posts
The Southern Arizona Harley Riders Club had their annual "Run to the Border" this weekend, only this time in Bisbee. (Why not, it's only five miles to the border). And in this group of several hundred Harleys I saw my first Valkrie ever, a cool green, with factory hard luggage. It had 55K miles on it (I talked to the owner, who looked as if he might be a recently retired hit man).

I rather like the looks of the Valkrie. It's a large Goldwing sort of thing, but with a retro look, if you will. The owner said it was bullet proof. Perhaps he meant that in more than one way.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Migz,

Where'd you get copies of my family photos? :)

Bill

·
Registered
120 Posts
I discovered a freaky thing which may explain why not many Burgy's are seen on the road. I accidently pushed the power button twice in quick succession. Upon the 2nd click, the bike instantly went into stealth mode. The Burgy and all on her disappear, much like the Romulan's and their cloaking device.

So the next time you hear that rush of wind, it may NOT be mother nature. :thumbleft:

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
ksmall1998 said:
So the next time you hear that rush of wind, it may NOT be mother nature. :thumbleft:
Next time I hear (urrmmm break) wind, gonna blame it on allwalk. :oops:

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
billmeek said:
ksmall1998 said:
Next time I hear (urrmmm break) wind, gonna blame it on allwalk. :oops:
:sign5: Now you know why my bike has flames on it . LOL

1 - 20 of 20 Posts