Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As above, I'm out in Spain at the moment and spotted a couple of Burgman 200's being used by the Police - they had got off of them and appeared to be having a crafty *** (cigarette) break around the back of a beach hut. Wouldn't have thought that the Police would use such small engined Burgmans - surely they can't be much good in a pursuit? Took a few pictures and if I knew how to post them from an iPad I'd post them up as they looked bigger than a 200 cc scooter. Pretty lax with their security too - the one I stood next to for a photo had the helmet on the handlebars and the keys in the ignition!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Interesting that the police are using 200cc bikes. I would think that they would want something with more horsepower since the Burgmans are easy on fuel. Enjoyed your performance on youtube. I love British comedy!

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Steve, the only way I know to do it on an iPad is to load the images into something like drop box and link to them. So not really loading.

On the 200's maybe they use them like cycles, cover a lot if ground compared to feet but aren't pursuit vehicles as such,

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
got confirmation from some spaniards that in Malaga they use the Burgman 400.

I found this on internet but i dont know where was that found:

·
Registered
1,060 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
We live in the good old USA and my wife wants a Burgman 250 that has been converted for use here BADLY! Heck, if the 200 ever gets here we will down at the dealer when he opens his doors. Has anyone converted a Burgman from elsewhere to the USA standards and mph ?

·
Registered
1,060 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
I had a two year contract for police cars as an Auto-tech 2007-2009, and i had the chance to see inside the minds of how they think economy wise.

Most police forces look for fuel efficiency, as 98% of people stop when pulled over...If you flee, they call it in on the radio and the next cop gets you on a fast car...Most Scooter cops are big city/suburban only as a general rule...It's not a 'Pursuit' vehicle but it can cover 98% of the daily work.

I'm sure the Motorway police arent on burgmans lol, it's the same as a bicycle cop, he isent expected to catch a guy on a Busa, but he can sure patrol small area's and show a physical presence and Radio in what he see's, and if he can't handle it, the next level up can!
High speed pursuits are very small, compared to the amount of traffic stops.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Is it true that all I would need to do is change out the speedometer display? I know that in California there is some kind of smog device that is added. Aside from that requirement in California, is it hard to convert a scooter from Europe to drive in the United States?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Always translator Exactly, that Fernando has hung pictures taken on a B-400 from our police, our partner Kiko corresponds Burgman Spain and is taken at the port of Benalmádena (Málaga). Regards from Málaga, capital of the Costa del Sol.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Have you asked your local Suzuki dealer? You didn't put your location in your profile so that makes it hard to suggest anywhere else.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Agree that they probably don't use the Burgmans (Burgmen?) for high-speed chased, but for patrol work I think they would do.

·
Registered
66 Posts
There should be all sorts around Atlanta w/ them. I was thinking there was a major full line dealer in the area that was known for huge discounts off list.

·
Registered
94 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts